Talk

Advanced search

save meee

(9 Posts)
tiredandhungryalways Tue 01-Dec-15 06:57:08

My son is in a nursery attached to a massively over subscribed school, so parents (yes me too) can be a little desperate to be extra nice to teachers
with the hope our precious child will get a place in reception. Last night I had a dream there is a school trip and though there weren't any requests for food items the school sent out thank you texts saying thank you sebs mummys for the cupcakes for example. In my dream I am beyond fraught because I have not sent anything into school! My husband thinks am clearly crazy! grin

KatyN Tue 01-Dec-15 07:32:44

Is there any link between the preschool and the school? All local schools to me have separate admissions policies.
I have also elected an over subscribed school for my son, but fully expect to get our second choice.. But then I hadn't considered cupcakes for th staff!
Only 5 months to wait k

tiredandhungryalways Tue 01-Dec-15 07:51:44

He is at a c of e who select their own students I think. It is the council though who decides which school children are sent to. Lots of parents are certain though that sending your child to the nursery means they more likely to get accepted into school? Who knows?

RatOnnaStick Tue 01-Dec-15 07:55:33

grin You and your overpanicking brain can relax in the full knowledge local authority school admissions computers don't eat cupcakes and teachers and school staff don't get to choose which children get in.

PerspicaciaTick Tue 01-Dec-15 08:05:43

Be as foul as you like to the teachers as it won't affect admissions one iota. It might make for a really uncomfortable 7 years if you get a place though.

titchy Tue 01-Dec-15 08:08:35

I know this misses the point of the thread but it isn't a case of 'who knows' you know. The LEA will have the criteria on their website and the furthest address admitted from last year. If you meet the criteria you're in, if you're too far away you don't.

KatyN Tue 01-Dec-15 09:00:43

Oh that's harsh if they so their own admissions.. Must make all the parents crazeeeeeee!!!!

titchy Tue 01-Dec-15 09:21:19

They won't do their own admissions....

tiredandhungryalways Tue 01-Dec-15 09:27:41

Katy hence the crazy dreams lol. I think we apply through lea they pass applications onto school who apply their selection process eg siblings faith etc and the lea is just expected to make sure the school apply admissions criteria fairly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now