Talk

Advanced search

Camera for a 4 year old?

(7 Posts)
KatyN Mon 30-Nov-15 13:59:53

Hiya. My son has just had a birthday and then it's Christmas and he's about to be a big brother. I am really struggling for a present from his new sibling.
I wondered about a digital camera (as everyone will be taking pictures of the new baby) but wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

He got a CD player and a remote controlled car for bday/Christmas so I'm also open to any other suggestions!!!!

Thanks k

MissBattleaxe Mon 30-Nov-15 14:05:34

It's up to you, but I would have thought a digital camera is not really suitable for a 4 yo. Not dangerous or anything, but not suitable. Maybe a soft toy and get the baby the same one so they have matching teddies who are also siblings like them (or something)?

Donge13 Mon 30-Nov-15 16:23:44

ink{http://m.boots.com/h5/cat\m.boots.com/h5/ca]]t}hub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FVtech-Kidizoom-Action-Camm_1673189%2F%3Fcmmmc%3Dbmmm_googlele--PLAs--_-Boots%2520Shopping%2520-%2520Category%2520-%2520Photo op I think something like this might be ok, you would know if it would be suitable, it does say age 5 .

jeavcike Mon 30-Nov-15 17:56:44

The vtech Kidd I zoomed duo is great. We have had one for ds since he was 3 and boughtanother for dd when she turned 3.
They have been dropped, bounced, left outside etc and both still work and take lovely photos.
They have games as well as the camera bit and are very easy to use.
The only downside are a) the battery compartment are too easy to open but mine only use theirs under supervision; and b) they only come in blue or pink.

jeavcike Mon 30-Nov-15 17:58:00

Kiddizoom duo ffs auto-correct!

tattyteddy Tue 01-Dec-15 12:23:33

Hi OP, my four year old also has the kiddizoom by vtech and she loves it. It's easy to use and has been dropped etc and works fine.

jeavcike Tue 01-Dec-15 14:14:46

It's interesting to see their photos (mostly half-head or up-the-nostrils selfies grin) because it's like a little insight into their view of the world.

Op I think it'd be lovely to see your dd's photos of your new baby - I use a free prints app on my phone that costs next to nothing so have sometimes printed out my dc's photos and put them in the album alongside mine; you could do something similar. I think it fosters a sense of pride in their work and shows your dc that you value their view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now