Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

baby nest/cocoon or carrycot

(5 Posts)
Peanutbutternutter419 Sat 28-Nov-15 20:17:02

I have a baby jogger bought when my ds was 6 months so I didn't need a carrycot. I am now due dc2 and wondering whether a carrycot is necessary.
I have recently seen the nests/cocoons but looking for others experiences with them and whether they have worked out just as good or better than a carrycot?

They are nearly £100 new whereas the nests/cocoons are around £40 so a bit of a difference in price. Also the carrycot is a compact one and after going to look at one yesterday, they really are quite narrow so realistically I'm not sure how long I would use it before baby outgrew it.

They didn't have any of the nests in the shops so I have only been able to see them online so far.

Any advise would be great!

daluze Sat 28-Nov-15 20:43:04

No experience with baby jogger, but my DS2 sleeps much better in his Phil and Teds cocoon than in his own pram with carrycot. When expecting my DS1 I discarded all the prams without carrycots, but in fact, I think babies feel nice and cosy in cocoons. The advantage of carrycot is that you can use it for occasional overnight sleep.

poocatcherchampion Sat 28-Nov-15 20:49:54

We have a fancy carrycot and a phil and Ted's cocoon too. I am living the cocoon as it is really portable. We never take the car seat out the car so just bring the&t one - or the 3yo carries it. It was really cheap on eBay - £15 all in I think so totally wworth it

Peanutbutternutter419 Sat 28-Nov-15 21:15:59

Thanks for both of your replies, I will definitely try and find somewhere that has them in stock to look at.

Hufflepuffin Sat 28-Nov-15 21:20:34

The other option is the deluxe baby jogger carrycot, which is bigger and deeper. My DS did four months in the compact carrycot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now