Talk

Advanced search

What's your toddlers favourite toy?

(16 Posts)
MrsLilac Wed 25-Nov-15 18:44:02

I have a 1yo and I'm looking to get her some Xmas presents. I want somthing she will enjoy for a while and will hopefully encounter a bit of independent play. She has very few toys right now as she has outgrown her baby things but she loves her stacking cups, hammer and leg toys, jigsaw and shape sorter. I have bought her a soft Stella doll so far but that is all!

So, what is your toddlers fav toy? I know they are all different but some ideas would be great. Thanks.

soupmaker Wed 25-Nov-15 18:48:26

Wooden bricks. And lots of them. With pictures, letters and numbers. Hours of fun building towers and knocking them over, then building all sorts of things. We love 'em. DD2 is 2 and wee bit.

CoodleMoodle Wed 25-Nov-15 18:57:21

Megablocks/bricks, wooden puzzles, stickers/colouring, animals (farm, cats & dogs), buggy, Ballapalooza, ball pond...

DD is 20mo and plays with all of that, plus her 'baby' toys (ones with buttons and flashing lights, etc), soft toys and lots of books!

Iguessyourestuckwithme Wed 25-Nov-15 19:10:52

Last year Dc was 13 months at christmas.

She got : a scuttlebug, doll and pram, kitchen, leapfrog scout, click clack cat track, toy camera and toy phone all of which she still plays with on a daily basis at 2 years of age.

Things she has got into over the past couple of months are; toy cars, duplo, sticklebricks, scooter, toy trains, drawing, small world.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 25-Nov-15 19:13:25

That pig you put coins in and it oinks... Both my DD's have been obsessed with it and can play with it for an hour.

Rinceoir Wed 25-Nov-15 19:17:55

Duplo and simple jigsaws are the current favourites here (19month old).

waitingforsomething Wed 25-Nov-15 20:02:01

Between 1 and 2 my DD loved wooden peg puzzles, and we also had a fisher price laugh and learn singing teapot, a tray of little plastic cakes and 2 cups- she loved it and still plays with it now age 3. That's the best value toy she's ever had. During that year she also graduated to the 2-4 piece jigsaws made by Orchard.
She loves Duplo now but didn't play with it until 2.5.

scandichick Wed 25-Nov-15 20:05:13

Scuttlebug and Little Times Cosy Coupé car - she uses both indoors, every single day. Think I got them in the Black Friday Amazon sale, it's worth a look.

OlivesTree Wed 25-Nov-15 20:08:05

DD loved her doll stroller (the cheap elc job) at that age. I would also recommend duplo, which is still played with almost daily, 3 years on.

OlivesTree Wed 25-Nov-15 20:09:07

Oh and her tin tea set. Also still played with constantly.

GiraffesAndButterflies Wed 25-Nov-15 20:09:43

Doll and doll's pushchair. As soon as DD could walk she wanted to charge about with that. And I know it's unseasonal, but her sandpit has also been popular.

PennyHasNoSurname Wed 25-Nov-15 20:13:55

Dds was a big plastic rocking horse

DSs is a push along walker type thing from IKEA - its got a tray on the bottom for him to put stuff in abd out of.

Neither cost.more than £20.

mrsmeerkat Wed 25-Nov-15 20:23:02

I have two under two and the biggest hit are the lilabo figures from ikea with interchangable heads, plastic figures (holly and Ben from argos) and scuttlebug. Also megabloks and the touch and feel books.

Nicknamegrief Wed 25-Nov-15 20:30:37

I have four children and these are my top five for the age 1-2.
Scuttlebug
Happy Land but especially the Big Bus or the Happyland Fire Engine
Little Tikes Car Transporter www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Tikes-Big-Car-Carrier/dp/B00000ISIN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448483127&sr=8-1&keywords=Little+tikes+car+transporter
A push chair
Dressing up but hats and accessories not clothes (they tend to go for those more at 2+).
We have duplo but generally it isn't played with until 2 (mega blocks are cheaper but don't last and don't have good resale value).
All of these Are still played with beyond 2 and well into age 3/4.

DixieDarling Wed 25-Nov-15 20:50:01

I bought DD a rocking horse for her first birthday - she loved it. It took a while for her to grow into it, but she still loves it now at 2 1/2. At that age she also just loved anything she could push (or drag) around.

waterrat Wed 25-Nov-15 21:53:40

Wow toys. Played with for hours ..my 18 month old loves them..chunky little people and cars.

Also peppa pig toys..can get cheap bundles on.ebay. have lasted through two children and genuinely my little one adores them...The little playground set is her favourite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now