Talk

Advanced search

18mo won't try anything that could possibly be good for him!

(3 Posts)
AnnaBanana25 Sun 22-Nov-15 19:38:15

Could anyone help me with ideas on what to do about my 18mo and food? Or tell me stories of your kids and how things went for you?

He will not eat anything that could be good for him! Doesn't even try veg (carrots, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, courgette, aubergine, anything!!), doesn't touch meat, turns down fishcakes. Screams at egg based dishes. He WILL eat: pasta, potatoes, porridge and wheatabix, bread/crumpets/english muffins etc. Big fan of fruit. Would eat a block of cheese if allowed. Strangely, he WILL eat soup- mushroom, butternut squash, leek and potato...

We have been ignoring any fussy/picky behavior, and consistent about not giving him anything that could be pudding after if he hasn't eaten. We sometimes eat together, he sometimes eats on his own while we potter around. Same thing happens either way.

This has been going on a while. There have been bouts of teething and cold but not all the time, and it hasn't stopped him eating the things he will eat. I don't know whether to keep ignoring and being consistent, or just give him soup so he actually will eat. Ideas?

Littlef00t Sun 22-Nov-15 19:52:10

Does he eat soup smooth or with bits? Could you make it gradually closer to stew?

AnnaBanana25 Sun 22-Nov-15 21:57:20

Hmm good idea. He does eat with bits, don't know why soup, but maybe just go with it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now