NCT early days course

(6 Posts)
babyconverse Wed 18-Nov-15 15:54:32

Hi - has anyone done this course? Is it worth doing? My nb would be about 2 months old and I'm mixed feeding if that makes a difference.

Any feedback? Thanks in advance!

sophie150 Wed 18-Nov-15 16:01:04

I did it and it was great. Far better than the antenatal course. Met a really nice group of people as well who I'm still friends with a year on.
It focuses on the parent (how was the birth, how do you feel about the changes to your life, how is it affecting your relationships etc) more than the parenting skills. It was a really good value bit of therapy for me!
Definitely recommend it.

sophie150 Wed 18-Nov-15 16:03:35

I did it and it was great. Far better than the antenatal course. Met a really nice group of people as well who I'm still friends with a year on.
It focuses on the parent (how was the birth, how do you feel about the changes to your life, how is it affecting your relationships etc) more than the parenting skills. It was a really good value bit of therapy for me!
Definitely recommend it.

bittapitta Wed 18-Nov-15 16:06:13

It was only 4 sessions so felt I didn't bond with the group much but some of us kept meeting up afterwards. I thought it was useful though. talking about (childcare) plans for the future, feeding, debrief on birth etc.

sophie150 Wed 18-Nov-15 16:07:31

Not sure why that posted twice!

There was a mix of feeding approaches in our group from exclusively bottle fed to exclusively breast fed and probably every combination in between! It was a nice comfortable place to breast feed, but all feeding choices were supported.

babyconverse Thu 19-Nov-15 11:58:00

Thanks guys! I'm still not sure just as its a balance of cost/ value but got a few more days to decide so any other perspectives welcome

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now