Talk

Advanced search

Novel for hospital?

(4 Posts)
hollydolly64 Wed 18-Nov-15 13:15:06

Any recommendations for a feel good novel to send to a mum of a very sick child in hospital? She is doing a lot of waiting around. Nothing too heavyweight, as she won't be able to concentrate much, but would love to lose herself in a good book that isn't too emotional.
I know I should be posting in Books, but please forgive, I need to decide in the next hour to get delivery tomorrow and this is the busiest forum. Thanks heaps, H

BlueChampagne Wed 18-Nov-15 13:32:34

Hard to say, not knowing what she likes, but I understand that you're in a hurry. Might she like Terry Pratchett? P G Wodehouse? Childhood favourite?

What a kind thought, and good luck to you all flowers

hollydolly64 Wed 18-Nov-15 13:45:36

Thank you, pG Wodehouse a good idea. Also thinking well written chick lit could be a winner.

KatyN Wed 18-Nov-15 15:18:02

I read agatha christie when my son was in nicu. For me it is gripping enough to keepme occupied but not exactly taxing on brain power.
Also there are hardly any children in them which I might have struggled to read about!

I then read them to him when he came home.. It was to keep me talking to him and us both awake when he was tiny. I do a mean Belgium accent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now