Talk

Advanced search

Meal ideas for toddler

(4 Posts)
Ifonly4oneday Wed 18-Nov-15 08:15:57

I'm at a loss! My 2.5 year old DS hates eating. he tends to hate wet foods or anything messy. He won't even try soup and I don't want to make an issue out of it. The only wet food he will eat is beans. He will eat spaghetti with nothing else and same with egg noodles. He doesn't like nuggets, fish fingers (which isn't a bad thing really. He will eat little sausages, doesn't like pizza. He will eat brocolli, carrots and green beans and enjoys fruit but meal times are just a disaster. Any ideas on other finger foods that I could try with him? confused I've never been much of a cook but I'm willing to try anything. I've started giving him water at mealtimes instead of juice as felt maybe the juice was filling him up and he just couldn't be bothered but it doesn't seem to make a difference.aaaa help X

TheHouseOnTheLane Wed 18-Nov-15 09:05:07

Oh he sounds like my DD! She's 7 and has improved a tiny bit....

I make DD a lot of tiny roast potatoes, sweet potates also roasted, rice...very dry....noodles, she will eat carrot sticks and cucumber, ham, eggs hardboiled if I remove the yolk hmm fishfingers and sometimes tuna.

HeyMicky Wed 18-Nov-15 09:13:43

Filled pasta, without sauce
Veg muffins
Roasted chicken drumstick
Roasted veg sticks
Meatballs, without sauce
Pinwheel wraps
Meat and veg kebabs - cooked quite dry, would he eat it off a stick or is that too messy?
Quiche

Imeg Wed 18-Nov-15 13:12:25

Would pancakes work? Could you fry some bits and pieces in with the pancake to give it a bit of flavour instead of filling it so less messy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now