Talk

Advanced search

baby sitting up advice?

(12 Posts)
Katieemilyxo Tue 17-Nov-15 13:56:19

My baby is trying to sit up and I want to buy him a chair to help him learn to sit up but I have no idea what to buy he's outgrown his bouncer and he can hold his own head he's 4 months old

lightgreenglass Tue 17-Nov-15 14:00:09

You don't need to buy anything. Get down on the floor with your legs in a V and let him sit leaning with his back against you or holding his hands whilst he wobbles all over the shop.

Katieemilyxo Tue 17-Nov-15 14:03:09

I do that already just wanted to get him another chair as he's outgrown his other x

ButtonMoon88 Tue 17-Nov-15 14:12:19

You don't want to spend much it's a waste, are you on fb? If you are see if you can find a local selling page and ask if anyone has a bumbo/baby chair.

Do you need it for meal times aswell? If so ikea have great high chairs

dementedpixie Tue 17-Nov-15 14:15:21

You can get baby to toddler chairs that go up to 40lbs

lightgreenglass Tue 17-Nov-15 16:51:58

Then I would say a high chair. We got a padded one for 5 months onwards then switched to a Tripp Trapp. Next time I'm just going straight to the Tripp Trapp

KatyN Tue 17-Nov-15 17:10:09

Sid he wants to sit up, then a high chair with a towel to prop him up. If he's not needing support but wants to try then just have a lot of pillows to land on!

Katieemilyxo Tue 17-Nov-15 17:53:44

I searched bumbos amd my baby is big and it saids it's a very small chair then I saw theese mamas and papas snug chairs and I just ordered one for 32 pound x

MummaGiles Tue 17-Nov-15 17:56:25

We have an ingenuity which doubles as a booster seat and should last a long time with the insert taken out.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Tue 17-Nov-15 18:02:00

Well a bumbo can hold a 2 year olds bottom - yes it's a squeeze and I wouldn't reed omens it but its definitely fine for a 4 month old.

moggle Tue 17-Nov-15 19:16:10

It's not the bum that doesn't fit I bet (unless in terry nappies ...) it's the lovely chunky thighs!!

Katieemilyxo Wed 18-Nov-15 11:55:09

Yep! The big chunkeh thighs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now