Talk

Advanced search

vomiting

(8 Posts)
witheringnights Tue 10-Nov-15 21:34:37

Hi, I think I'm probably worrying about nothing, but.... Occasionally my baby will vomit up his entire feed (exclusively breast fed). He doesn't look too bothered, but I find it quite distressing.
If it's only occasionally, then maybe no need to worry?
His fontanelle is sunken, but it always has been. I did check with HV a few weeks ago and she said nothing to worry about , but then another HV today said it was a concern. Maybe I've fed him too much and so it's all come back up?
Would really appreciate some thoughts/advice/reassurance.
(First post, new to mumsnet- don't know all the abbreviations! Sorry)

Pancakeflipper Tue 10-Nov-15 21:43:03

Hello.

How old is your baby ?
What's his weight gain like?

My DS2 was a fantastic projectile vomitter. I hardly dare leave the house and all chairs were drapped in towels and blankets.
It could be reflux which has levels of severity and isn't much fun. Talk to the HV or a doc. There's meds that can help.

Hope things improve for you.

nilbyname Tue 10-Nov-15 21:43:36

How old is your baby?

Babies sick up a lot. When your hv said they were concerned, what happened next?

I did on demand feeding with both and sometimes they would bring it all up.

Go and see your gp though and get your baby checked out.

Keep feeding

Fugghetaboutit Tue 10-Nov-15 21:47:41

Do you break to wind him? Maybe he's got wind trapped and brings it all up?

witheringnights Wed 11-Nov-15 00:18:24

Thanks everyone, he's twelve weeks.
I don't always break to feed him - I'll try that.
He is gaining weight, but has gone from 91st centile to 50th (birth to now). The doc said not too worry though.
And the HV today was concerned and said to go to a breastfeeding cafe to talk/check things. Which I will.

witheringnights Wed 11-Nov-15 00:19:16

I'll also check back with Dr in case it's reflux.
Thanks again x

Pancakeflipper Wed 11-Nov-15 00:21:59

Winding can be essential and time consuming for some babies so put a good TV programme on. Don't underestimate the power of your palm!

Fugghetaboutit Wed 11-Nov-15 08:43:43

I would stop after a few gulps and lift up and wind, continue until he's done and see if that helps x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now