Talk

Advanced search

Mucus in Stools - Advice please

(3 Posts)
Topsy44 Tue 10-Nov-15 19:39:37

My 3 1/2 year old dd had a sickness bug 2 1/2 weeks ago. It started off with sickness and then she had diorreah. She had a bad case of the runs last Thursday so I called the doctors and they did a stool sample which came back as clear. She's now got a cold/cough and the diorreah has cleared up but her stools are still quite mushy with mucus.

Does anyone know if this could be just the end of her tummy bug or do you think I should take her back to the docs? The doc did say to me over the phone that sometimes sickness bugs can take a long time to clear out their systems but it will be 3 weeks on Friday.

Thank you.

Gillyia Thu 12-Nov-15 15:23:19

Hi, I know that sometimes little ones get mucus in their stool when they have a cold and also when they are teething, it's to do with the extra saliva and mucus they are swallowing. You said your LO has had a cold so that could be the cause, but if you are worried then go to your Dr again to have her checked out. Hope she's feeling better soon smile

Topsy44 Thu 12-Nov-15 16:22:07

Thank you for your reply Gillyia. I kept her off nursery yesterday and it does seem to have cleared up. She went back today and fingers crossed no problems. I think it was from her cold, which of course I have now got!

Thanks again for replying. I was a bit freaked out by it as there seemed to be quite a lot of it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now