Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nappies

(13 Posts)
Tchaikovsky Sun 08-Nov-15 09:27:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Leavingsosoon Sun 08-Nov-15 09:28:48

Yes, a few of us do, I think.

WhoGivesAFlying Sun 08-Nov-15 10:16:25

I used cloth full time up until PT. then I sold them and got most of my money back grin

NerrSnerr Sun 08-Nov-15 10:24:34

I considered them but knew that I would use them for a few weeks, get behind in my washing, buy disposables and never bother again. I agree they are great for people who can be arsed, I sadly cannot.

Roomba Sun 08-Nov-15 10:40:55

I used them about 90% of the time with DS1 - saved a fortune, worked very well for us until potty training at 2.5. Had a few different types, so mostly it was just as easy as using disposables as we had shaped ones with velcro and those funny fasteners I've forgotten the name of. Also used bamboo terries, had lots of lovely wraps, I loved using them.

With DS2, I've used them maybe 25% of the time overall. He is a different shaped baby so my old ones didn't fit well without leaking after 6m or so. I had no funds to buy others so have mostly switched to disposables. Also, he is much later potty training so would have grown out of the biggest nappies I had anyway. The main difference though is that I no longer have a tumble dryer, so practically it didn't work as well for me.

BreeVDKamp Sun 08-Nov-15 10:56:23

Yes lots of people use them.

IndomitabIe Sun 08-Nov-15 10:59:04

Yep, used them with DC1 till potty training. (He's still in pull-ups at night).

I've just got them out for DC2 and am looking forward to using them!

Had no tumble dryer with DC1 so this time should be even easier! (It wasn't a problem then though).

Tchaikovsky Mon 09-Nov-15 08:48:21

BreeVDKamp Mon 09-Nov-15 08:49:40

We use terries with little lamb or blueberry wraps at home as pockets/AIOs are easier to transport when out and about. Nighttime we use a fleece liner, bamboozle, prefold booster and wool soaker.

What about you OP?

BreeVDKamp Mon 09-Nov-15 08:52:03

(There is a Nappies section of MN btw)

Tchaikovsky Mon 09-Nov-15 11:52:28

BreeVDKamp Mon 09-Nov-15 16:00:12

here you go! smile

ncforthe1000thtime Thu 12-Nov-15 14:02:12

I used cloth nappies for both of mine. I got a starter pack from a local company but can't find their details now. These guys do the starter packs too, and I love their wool nappy covers (not in starter packs I don't think).

lanabambini.co.uk/store/organic-cloth-nappies/reusuable-nappies-and-accessories.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now