shrieking 2yo DS2

(4 Posts)
BusyCee Thu 05-Nov-15 16:55:40

Oh Lord. He's driving me nuts - just shrieks and shouts all the time. I'm sure it's just being 2, but any suggestions for how I can help him through this period before I go deaf? DS1 (5yo) and I are trying to keep our voices low, and teaching him 'ssshh' with fingers to lips, but it's having zero effect.

He's like a wild animal...

Motherinferior78 Sun 08-Nov-15 02:54:21

www.whattoexpect.com/toddler/behavior/screaming-and-screeching.aspx

Sairelou Sun 08-Nov-15 03:52:08

I know how you feel, my DS (2) is doing it too at the moment. I have a 9 week old DD too and it always wakes her up!

I think it's because he's not quite talking a lot yet and he's trying to express his excitement at things. It has reduced over the past week or so though so I think maybe it was just a phase.

NickyEds Mon 09-Nov-15 14:30:50

Same here op. Ds is 22 months and the screeching and screaming is an absolute nightmare.I think frustration plays a big part as ds can't talk yet and it's worse when there's obviously something he wants but doesn't have the words to ask for it. Poor dd (16 weeks) is constantly woken up by it. I'm hoping it's a phase too Sairelou but unfortunately for us it's getting worse not bettersad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now