Talk

Advanced search

Putting a 4 month old in a buggy

(7 Posts)
NickyEds Tue 03-Nov-15 13:25:34

Dd is 16 weeks this weekend so not even really 4 months and screams blue murder in the buggy. We have a Phil & Teds double so she's in the cocoon bit at the moment. She isn't very big but is already really cramped in the cocoon but I think that the main problem is that she can't see anything. I have a sling which we use a lot but it's really restrictive when I'm trying to deal with ds so it would be really useful to have somewhere to put her where she doesn't scream.

Has anyone used the second chair bit of a P&Ts with such a young baby?

Loraline Tue 03-Nov-15 13:29:51

We converted our Bugaboo when DS was about that age. We used to just lie it back so he was supported but he could see much better.

Picklesauage Wed 04-Nov-15 08:41:30

We have just converted our travel system from pray to buggy and my DD is a small 4 mo. Admittedly it was because we were flying to my parents and the prom bit doesn't fit in the travel system bag! But actually she is much happier being able to see and looks properly supported to me! I just lay it back if she is looking sleepy and all is fine!
I'd say go for it!

NickyEds Wed 04-Nov-15 15:52:39

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure I can lie the P&Ts back-it's sort of fixed so if she were in it she'd have to be sat up IYSWIM. I might give it a try for a very short trip out and see how we get on.

gillyweed Wed 04-Nov-15 16:00:37

At that age it really is recommended to lie babies flat. We have a P & T and once my son got a bit stronger physically I put him in the bottom seat as reclined as possible; it's not any where near flat but it seemed to stop the screaming as he could see more than in the cocoon. If he needed a nap I swapped the 2 kids over so he could lie flat in the main seat and his sister sat in the 2nd seat on top (Google a pic, need attachments but keeps it a proper 2 seater when fully reclined), bit of a faff but reckon that's a given with 2+ kids!

nephrofox Wed 04-Nov-15 17:35:22

I honestly don't think babies of less than about 8 months are suitable for the fixed upright seat you mean. Can the little one not go in the main seat?

NickyEds Wed 04-Nov-15 20:13:52

It says on the user guide thing that the heavier child should always be in the front/top seat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now