Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

de-tangler / conditioner for toddler

(7 Posts)
Reiltin Sat 31-Oct-15 11:56:38

My 2yo lg does not like having her hair brushed. (It's not my favourite part of the day either!) A friend mentioned in passing that their friend used a conditioner (spray?) on their kid's hair that worked well. Anyone have any suggestions of a similar product / trick that works well. TIA

billabye Sat 31-Oct-15 12:05:21

My DD has very tangly hair and we use either the Asda one or Johnsons. Both work a treat. I tend to spray on dry hair before brushing and find that I can use daily without washing in between and there's no greasiness. Good luck! thlsmile

strawberryblondebint Sat 31-Oct-15 12:40:12

Get a cheap spray bottle from home bargains and some of their inecto coconut conditioner. Use 1 part conditioner to 2 parts water. Bingo. We call it magic spray in our house and dd2 won't let me brush her hair without it.

BlueChampagne Tue 03-Nov-15 13:45:29

A friend whose DD has this problem has found a silk pillow case helpful in cutting down on overnight knots in curly hair.

There's a silicone-based product for horses called 'detangle'!

lilac3033 Tue 03-Nov-15 21:07:26

Might be worth getting a tangle tease as well. I have really fine hair and used to have to really pull to detangle, the tangle tease is pain free.

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Tue 03-Nov-15 21:08:28

I found the Johnsons detangling spray was very effective.

Picklesauage Wed 04-Nov-15 08:18:25

I have been using conditioner in my DD hair since she was 1 1/2. It is impossible to brush otherwise, even with a tangle teaser. I tend to use loreal strawberry children's conditioner. It has been a life saver for us. Without it we have screaming and tears and hair brushing times.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: