Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Constant runny nose.

(4 Posts)
sugarplumfairy28 Thu 29-Oct-15 21:23:26

Pretty much that, DS has had a runny nose for weeks it's clear, so no infection, no other symptoms no cough, sinus pain, red eyes, nothing. Seems a little over the top to go to the GP, any ideas?

youlemming Thu 29-Oct-15 22:07:34

You could have a chat with the pharmacist they can advise if you should see the GP or if there is anything you can do/try first.

OhMakeMeOver Fri 30-Oct-15 19:29:26

It depends I guess but my nephew had a constantly runny nose, all the time! Always bunged up. Eyes watering. My sister took him to the GP a lot because he sometimes couldn't breath, they said the same old stuff. It turned out he has something wrong with his tonsils and/or sinuses, that I think were an underlying problem.

What about allergies? Pets?

sugarplumfairy28 Fri 30-Oct-15 22:19:28

Hmm hadn't thought of that, his never had this problem before, usually with a cold or something obvious, it's been a very weeks. We do have pets, and a lot of pets but nothing new that coincides with the appearance of the runny nose, we've had them for years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now