Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shoes/wellies for small but fat baby feet!

(11 Posts)
TeamEponine Tue 27-Oct-15 15:46:30

DD is right on the brink of walking, so is in need of some shoes and wellies pretty soon. I've taken her for fittings at both Clarks and Startrite, but had the same problem at both...

Her feet are tiny in length, just 1.5 and the smallest size they do is 2. We tried size 2, but she has really fat feet, not just wide but high. Even the widest fitting size 2 could barely get on and the bit across the top of the foot was so tight I worry it could be bad for her developing feet.

We tried some trainer type shoes with Velcro straps, thinking that would give more space, but again ran into the problem of it being too tight at the bottom of where the straps are.

I'm totally out of ideas, but really need to put something on her feet in the next couple of weeks!

Any suggestions, oh wise mn-ers?!

Thanks grin

ApplesTheHare Tue 27-Oct-15 17:32:53

If she's on the verge of walking I'd wait as long as you can because her feet will grow rapidly once she starts, so you'd probably find yourself needing new shoes again in a couple of weeks. Since DD started walking a few months ago she's been through 3 pairs and Clark's advise getting them measured every 6 weeks for this reason.

Littlef00t Tue 27-Oct-15 19:34:34

Snugglefeet will give you temporary relief. They do boots too but can't vouch for those, the stretch elastic moccasin shoes are like slippers for us but start small.

Strawberrybubblegum Tue 27-Oct-15 22:18:43

If she's only just on the brink of walking then you don't need shoes for a while. She won't be walking outside for a good few months - especially over winter - and indoors she'll be much better off with bare feet, or socks if it's cold. You can get socks with rubber bits on the soles if she's slipping lots.

eurochick Tue 27-Oct-15 22:22:04

I agree with the advice to wait for a bit. My daughter is just walking and barely fits a 3 - the smallest size we could find for most proper shoes. Wellies are really hard - 3s are very difficult to find and the pair I eventually tracked down fall off. She has some waterproof overshoes from Amazon to wear outside until the wellies fit. Her feet grew a lot as she started to toddle.

TangledUpInGin Tue 27-Oct-15 22:23:54

No advice, just jealousy of fat baby feet grin

Wolfiefan Tue 27-Oct-15 22:26:04

Why do you need to put anything on her feet? (Unless she's walking outside)
My DD had soft leather pram shoes or slipper socks.

TeamEponine Wed 28-Oct-15 08:17:59

She's not walking independently, but she's desperate to be able to wander around outside, either holding my hand or walking around the climbing frame at the park. So I do feel that I need to put something on her feet.

Thanks for the suggestion of snuggle feet. They look gorgeous! One question though. I can't quite tell from the pics, but are the soles soft suede? Just wondering if they would stand up to wet and muddy ground at the park?! Would the waterproof overshoes hold up?!

Thanks all. Any other ideas?

returnofthehumanegg Thu 29-Oct-15 13:26:43

Our 18m has chubby, wide (size h) sort of high feet and we can't get most shoes/ wellies on even with the right width/ length it feels like trying to stuff a snooker ball in. These fit well because the strap allows more room height wise. Though maybe clarks showed you these already or they're not right for that stage.

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26112307

Littlef00t Thu 29-Oct-15 13:37:57

They are soft leather rather than suede and wouldn't love the muddy puddles but would survive. I think at the price they're worth getting a pair and testing them out, as they last for much longer than a 'sized' pair of shoes.

DD was learning to walk in the spring, so they were fine then. They honestly do last 6 months!

Marshpillow Sat 31-Oct-15 16:31:36

I just bought my 7 month old DD these, they're soft soles and waterproof so she can "walk" outside (holding onto our hands) and they're hopefully keep her feet a bit warmer than just socks.

m.hm.com/gb/product/98947?article=98947-D&cm_vc=SEARCH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now