Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Screaming

(8 Posts)
Merlin333 Mon 26-Oct-15 17:22:38

I have been struggling to wind my 3wk old baby whenever i have visitors they do it and its fine yet at times when i try she just get wound up, we have had a busy wekend so i know shes probably tired but thisafternoon she got so wound up i couldnt console her and so i just held her until she screamed herself to sleep but i felt awful ?? cos shes so young !

lornathewizzard Mon 26-Oct-15 20:51:04

Do you know that you can try it in different positions? DD used to burp best if I held her up on my shoulder. I asked the health visitor to show me properly as I wasn't confident at first.

ffffffedup Mon 26-Oct-15 20:56:28

Bounce her a little too I always found that helps

carbolicsoaprocked Mon 26-Oct-15 22:37:55

Hi, here's a video showing some winding techniques, there are a few on YouTube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=nneOhgKgAlM

Senpai Tue 27-Oct-15 02:52:04

DD used to cry herself to sleep quite a few times as a baby. I tried everything. She finally outgrew it and is a happy toddler.

I would keep trying the burping, but it might just be a fussy stage she's going through too.

ODog Wed 28-Oct-15 18:21:46

A good tip I had was to slap and a firm rub from the bottom to rhe nape of the neck. Once you get the hang of it you can actually feel yourself moving the bubbles. That and laying baby across your lap on their tummy and doing it that way. So annoying when visitors do it in 2secs though.

ODog Wed 28-Oct-15 18:22:58

Obviously when I say slap I mean gently but firmly. Not whacking the kid black and blue before by over zealous MN-ers jump on that.

baffledmummy Wed 28-Oct-15 19:18:28

DD was (and still is) a windy baby who doesn't like to share her burps...I found (after weeks of patting, rubbing and holding her in all sorts of positions) that the most effective method was holding her with my thumb and forefinger under her arms at the front and her sat in an L shape with an upright back as straight and as still as I could get her with legs out in front- big burp usually comes within a minute or two with a success rate of about 80%. Am amazed how well it works...gets burps out when all other methods fail and with relatively little faff. Good luck...it's torture watching them suffer with wind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now