We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teethers for 12 week old baby

(10 Posts)
baffledmummy Sat 24-Oct-15 14:19:20

I think poor DD is showing signs of teething...chomping on her hands like crazy, drooling for Britain, off her food, a bit unsettled etc. She's too young to pick things up but will bite down in anything that goes near her mouth. Other than powders (which I don't think you are supposed to use before 4 months) can any share any tips on how best to help her? Thanks!

ShanghaiDoll Sat 24-Oct-15 16:02:50

My DD went through this at 12 weeks and now at 20 weeks she's still going through it with no teeth to show for it! At her 4 month check up I was told that it's a phase and that babies just like to explore the world with their mouths. The dribbling is the salivary glands developing and getting her ready for eating solids.

Unfortunately all you can do is sit back and let them gum away and stock up on bibs. We're on 3 a day over here!

baffledmummy Sat 24-Oct-15 17:09:18

Aww Shanghai - hope they pop through soon! I've just seen almost the exact same post with some suggestions of chilled flannels and teethers with bristles...will look out for them.

ElphabaTheGreen Sat 24-Oct-15 17:12:29

Almost certainly not teething. As a PP said it's an oral exploration phase, both of objects and of the hands to help imprint the 'map' of the hand in the brain. The excess of saliva helps to wash impurities out of the mouth and keep the mouth clean. First teeth don't usually appear until 6 months.

chumbler Sun 25-Oct-15 00:00:52

Google Gummee glove grin

baffledmummy Sun 25-Oct-15 07:23:12

chumbler they look fab! have you used them? thanks for the tip!

chumbler Sun 25-Oct-15 08:39:41

Yes we have one! Got a bit too late really as DD could hold teethers by the time we ordered! But the company are fab, check out their Facebook or Jojo maman bebe sells them too. You can take out the teething ring to put in the fridge too which is so handy! We have squirreled the glove away for next baby ;)

BreeVDKamp Sun 25-Oct-15 08:43:45

DS has been drooly and orally fixated for a couple of months. Apparently the salivary glands come into their own at this point and everyone thinks their baby is teething, as pp said.

DS is 5 months today and is cutting his first tooth, you will know when it's happening! He's crying in pain, sleeping badly, and can see the tooth cutting through his gum. He loooooves his Sophie teether (not the Sophie toy, it's the harder, smaller Sophie with rings, his smells of vanilla!) and Nuby bug teether and Nuby keys that you put in the fridge.

BreeVDKamp Sun 25-Oct-15 08:45:08

Oh but she can't grasp blush sorry OP! She will be able to soon I'm sure, DS has been into those toys for about 6-8 weeks i'd say, I'm surprised he's not bored of them.

baffledmummy Sun 08-Nov-15 13:43:48

Thanks so much Chumbler the Gummi Glove has been a huge hit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now