Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Neighbour neglectful? Or overreacting?

(145 Posts)
Anon19 Fri 23-Oct-15 21:49:22

Over reacting?

So today I came home with kids and they wanted to play in the garden & next doors pram was in the garden, I was in the garden for about 2 hours playing with my son and his cousins then next door comes out & lifts her 7 month old baby out of the pram just wearing pjamas, and a really thin blanket I know it's thin coz we have the same one. Bassicly the baby had been napping in her pram in the garden for at least 2 hours in the freezing cold (all our kids had snowsuits on with boots hats gloves and loads of layers!!) with their back door shut she never came out to check on her once!! I can't believe it I really can't am I over reacting here? Should I say anything to her im fuming the babys tiny I was freezing never mind her :-/ I don't know her well by the way it's a new estate and everyone just moved in a few weeks ago so I've never spoken to her.

belindarose Fri 23-Oct-15 21:59:08

Where do you live? Presumably not the south of England as a thin blanket and pyjamas would have been much more appropriate than snowsuits today.

I think you're overreacting wherever you are, actually.

Anon19 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:01:03

The North East, it was freezing cold tbf and 2 hours in the garden in a pram no cover, tiny baby and their back door shut? Wow that's acceptable these days?

vestandknickers Fri 23-Oct-15 22:03:52

Snow suits in England today. Really?

Anon19 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:05:57

An all in one fleecey waterproof type thing? They are fab, especially in this weather the kids are between 16 months and 3 years so important to keep them warm

HSMMaCM Fri 23-Oct-15 22:06:34

Was there another warm blanket in the pram maybe?

Madelinehatter Fri 23-Oct-15 22:08:34

I don't think it's acceptable if the baby only had a thin blanket. However there may have been another blanket in the pram. I would just keep an eye out in case it happens again.

Snossidge Fri 23-Oct-15 22:09:00

Wouldn't you have heard the baby cry if it was cold?

Anon19 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:09:55

No I had a good look as I was concerned about it but just the one blanket, I think I'm over reacting according to some responses but never in a million years would I let my 7 month old baby nap for 2 hours in the freezing cold with my door shut on them absolute disgrace I think but maybe that's just me I dunno ..

stqueen Fri 23-Oct-15 22:10:08

Could the baby have had a vest on under PJs? That would then be three layers with the blanket plus it wasn't actually that cold today? Did the pram also have a hood (windbreaker)?

In any case, think you may be overreacting OP. Do you know your neighbours at all?

Anon19 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:11:08

No matter how many blankets they had on them!!

Anon19 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:12:47

Tbf I was next door and it was bluddy freezing and windy I felt shivering cold in a t shirt hoody and big coat that's why our kids where so wrapped up

snicks1977 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:13:02

Who would leave a 7 month old, outside, in a pram, in a communal garden! Let alone the cold

vestandknickers Fri 23-Oct-15 22:13:16

I think you need to accept that you may be over reacting. Also, it may be none of your business.

NerrSnerr Fri 23-Oct-15 22:13:58

The other day I left my baby asleep in the pushchair in the garden. To nosy neighbours it would look like I had just left her but I was actually in the kitchen, a few feet away watching Doctors. I can't remember what she was wearing but she's a warm baby and she wasn't too cold when she did wake up. Surely she would have woken up if too cold? I know mine would have!

snicks1977 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:14:01

Oops I assumed a communal garden, but still who leaves their 7 month old outside!

stqueen Fri 23-Oct-15 22:14:26

The not checking on baby once in two hours is a bit off though. How can you be sure of this, were you outside the whole time? I would keep an eye out smile

Kim82 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:15:10

If the baby was cold it would have woken up and cried. She could have been checking the baby regularly by looking through the window and it wasn't that cold today as far as I'm aware so the sleepsuit and blanket sounds fine to me.

gamerchick Fri 23-Oct-15 22:18:19

It was bloody freezing and windy in the NE today, I haven't long thawed out.

If the baby was uncomfortable it would have cried but i would have felt concern in your shoes OP.

Anon19 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:18:35

I'm over reacting then.. But yeah who would leave their 7 month old baby outside? A lot of people by the sounds of this thread confused I know she's 7 months as I spoke to the father when we moved in and asked how old she was and told him she was gorgeous but that's as much as I've spoke to them but yeah I'll mind my own business

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Fri 23-Oct-15 22:19:49

Well if the baby was cold i imagine it would have woken up and cried?
Could they see the baby from the window?
I think you're overreacting a tad.

Snossidge Fri 23-Oct-15 22:19:57

I left my 1 year old in the garden to sleep for two hours earlier, and I didn't check on him til he woke up. Didn't know that was a problem snicks.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Fri 23-Oct-15 22:22:09

I've left my 3 month old to nap outside blush. Got back from a walk, she was asleep and would have woken if I brought her in so I left her by the back door and watched her through the window.

Anon19 Fri 23-Oct-15 22:22:22

Wow snossidge that's awful why not just bring him inside? That I don't understand.

Snossidge Fri 23-Oct-15 22:23:39

Why would I bring him inside confused Fresh air is good for babies, they sleep better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now