Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Third baby dilemma. Will have 5, 4 and newborn. Is it madness.

(7 Posts)
BabySnoring Thu 22-Oct-15 19:59:12

I have 2 DCs jut under a year apart. It was absolutely horrendous for 2 years and things slowly improved and now they are much more easier
I feel like I'm getting some sort of life back. My house is actually clean! And I can do things like meet my friends, join an evening class etc. Youngest has just started nursery and eldest has started school and I'm really enjoying family life.

But Im feeling really broody and have always wanted 3 children .i had such a hard time with my DCs and that is whats is putting me off. I dont know if i will be able to cope. But part of me says it won't be as crazy as with my first two.

I would have a 5 yr old, 4yr old and a newborn. Will it be harder? Help me decide please!

Tillytoes14 Thu 22-Oct-15 22:46:55

I have a 9 and 4 year old and a four month old. I'm not going to lie, it's hard work, meeting the needs of the older one and the younger ones. I often feel like the older ones don't have enough quality time with me, which often makes me feel guilty, but they are happy children and they all adore their baby sister. I wouldn't say it's much harder going from two to three, life is very busy, but I wouldn't change it for the world smile

ffffffedup Thu 22-Oct-15 22:50:12

Mine are 8 5 and 8 months wouldn't change a thing. It's easier with dc3 than it was with dc2 as the older 2 are at school I've more confidence as a mum with dc3.

PacificDogwod Thu 22-Oct-15 22:51:54

Nope, 4 year gap is quite good grin

I had 5 and 4 yo DSs when DS3 appeared. Carried on to have DS4 2 years later…

If you've survived the 1 year age gap <shudder> this will be a doodle.

PandasRock Thu 22-Oct-15 23:00:15

Mine are 11, 9 and 3.

Dc3 was by far the easiest baby, and the fact that other 2 were at school all day meant it felt like having a single baby again for a lot of the time.

It can be difficult balancing the differing needs due to age differences, but we have the added complications of SN, so our situation is different anyway.

BabySnoring Fri 23-Oct-15 09:22:31

Oohh. Youre all really making it sound like it won't be that bad! Having kids really knocked my health though. I'm always tired and run down. I feel I'm on my feet all day!

HeteronormativeHaybales Fri 23-Oct-15 09:33:20

10, 8 and 3 weeks here. Just coming to end of first week where dh has been back at work and older ones back at school (in a country where school finishes at 1 or earlier and they have lunch at home, not to mention piles of HW) and it's been pretty OK so far. The older two sre old enough not to be jealous of or put out by dd at all - in fact they adore her - which I guess might be a bit more of an issue with somewhat younger ones. I expect the more challenging times to start when dd is mobile and needs more chasing after (and the boys' space and stuff protecting from her as well as her safety looking after). .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now