help?!

(5 Posts)
Geexox Tue 20-Oct-15 21:40:47

Hi everyone, (new too this)
So this year I had my son via csection due too ill health, he's now 13 weeks old and I always envy other women who have had there children naturally, I'm happy for them but I feel robbed for some reasonsad my son is healthy and thriving which I'm more than happy with I just wondered if anyone else experienced feelings like this!? Also being a first time mum everything worries you right?! I'm driving myself insane constantly thinking "what if something were to happen too him" it upsets my partner cos he thinks I'm OTT which I suppose I am being, I find myself waking up in the night just to check him!! Please tell me others were like this with there first?!!
Thanks guys smile

Kent1982 Tue 20-Oct-15 22:02:23

Hi I had a emergency cs and In my mind I sort of thought I should have known I would be shit at labour. I do feel a bit of a failure but I'm sure there was a legitimate reason for the cs just I was so spaced out that I couldn't remember it.

The anxiety might wear off a bit but I'm not so sure, I think it's natural. I have the movement monitor on even though he sleeps about 2 ft away from me. It does help me check on him less. I used to shine a torch on him at least 10 times a night so I have improved a bit. I have cried because he might move abroad and leave me when he grows up ..... And many other things... I'm pretty sure everyone feels like this... I hope

Happy mumming

Geexox Tue 20-Oct-15 22:21:41

Thank you for replying, was sure it was just me, I just constantly seem to be on edge with everything to do with him!! X

carbolicsoaprocked Tue 20-Oct-15 22:48:57

I didn't have a C-Section but I know that those feelings are common. You are no better or worse than any other mum because of the way you delivered - you just did what you had to do to get your precious baby safely into the world! You are amazing - you created a human and what's more, he is healthy - you are doing a great job.

I have had the anxiety thing though, I think most people go through that. I had a nightmare DS was on the bed, I was drying my hair then I froze with hairdryer facing DS and burning him. I couldn't move and was trying to scream for someone to help but I couldn't scream out loud, it was just a little whisper. Worst nightmare I've ever had! DS is 4.5 months now and I stress out less now, but still check he's breathing when he's asleep quite a lot. Not bothered at all about that, it helps me relax and doesn't do anyone any harm. Worrying is part of the package!

Kent I've started worrying about him moving away already too! 'If it makes him happy...' BAH!

Geexox Tue 20-Oct-15 23:09:04

Thanks guys means a lot too know there's other mummy's out there that know the feeling!! As far as nightmares go I woke up in a sweat the other night thinkin I had my little boy in bed with me my partner came in too ask what's wrong whilst I was throwing the sheets pillows and duvet off the bed jut too find he had him in his arms!
Feel like I'm driving myself insane with worry sometimes!! But he's healthy and happy and I'm so greatful for that!!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now