Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Seating for a 18 week old

(36 Posts)
Crazypetlady Sun 18-Oct-15 09:38:56

Hi!
I posted the other day about a walker seeing if they were recommended or not. They weren't. so we can't use that He has outgrown his bouncer so now I am looking for something I can put him in whilst I do other jobs. I have a carrier but it's a pain to wash up with or bend so it isn't suitable for everything.
Any ideas would be great!
tia

mintbiscuit Sun 18-Oct-15 09:48:57

I think you can get rocker chairs that you can use up until they are toddlers? My chair which came as fisher price swing converts to chair up until 2. But tbh at 18 weeks I try to maximise floor time as much as possible so I use a thick old blanket on the floor that I can carry from room to room. Once they can sit unaided I use the highchair in the kitchen for short periods.

Etak15 Sun 18-Oct-15 09:48:58

How about a jumperoo? Keeps them amused for a short time! Sometimes just a blanket on the floor for them lie on and something amusing for them to look at? It's hard at that age to get anything done isn't it I could never put mine down for very long ended up cooking and hoovering with one arm! Or waited for dm or someone to visit and pass baby to them as soon as they walk through the door! Or rush around and try and get stuff done while they took there 10 minute power naps!!

ohidoliketobe Sun 18-Oct-15 09:52:46

Jumperoo! They're pretty big but you can get space saver ones which fold up when not in use.
My DS loved his and we got about 6 months use out of it.

poocatcherchampion Sun 18-Oct-15 09:55:40

Floor?
Sofa?

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 18-Oct-15 09:59:39

What about a Tripp trapp with a newborn attachment. Worked well for us, and the high chair part is still in use now by the three year old when he sits at the big table so it gets used from birth to approx 8 (I'd guess?)

Mouthfulofquiz Sun 18-Oct-15 10:00:06

(Newborn attachment works until they are about 6 months I thibk...)

Crazypetlady Sun 18-Oct-15 10:25:31

Thanks everyone I will have a look I can't put him on the sofa as he is starting to roll but I do put him on the floor . I have a big dog that loves him but also tries to lick him so I am putting a stair gate on the kitchen at the minute so I don't have to keep looking for the dog when I turn my back to hoover. I have been training him to follow me but sometimes he likes to try to stay with ds.

It is difficult getting stuff done as he likes to be with me all the time like most babies really. I was going to get him a jumperoo for christmas may invest early.

He has only just started enjoying tummy time so may also get him a tummy time teddy thanks everyone.smile

Weebeastiebaby Sun 18-Oct-15 10:53:42

A bumbo? With a little tray to put some toys on

Etak15 Sun 18-Oct-15 12:55:38

Might be good idea to get jumperoo early if you are planning on getting one because once they can crawl they get frustrated being restrained they want to be off exploring!!

Crazypetlady Sun 18-Oct-15 13:34:29

These are great suggestions thank yousmile

Littlef00t Sun 18-Oct-15 15:11:43

You can get an inflatable ring that is good for encouraging to sit before they are stable.

Bunbaker Sun 18-Oct-15 15:13:33

Playpen. I wouldn't have been without mine.

LadyPenelope68 Sun 18-Oct-15 15:26:20

You can't use a Bumbo or a Jumperoo at this age unless they can sit unsupported.

Weebeastiebaby Sun 18-Oct-15 17:46:04

Why? Genuine question as I thought you could use when baby could support his head? I put ds in jumperoo and bumbo at around 9/10 weeks! Bad mum alert blush

Bunbaker Sun 18-Oct-15 17:47:45

At 18 weeks DD was in her pram - a proper old fashioned one where she lay flat.

LadyPenelope68 Sun 18-Oct-15 18:35:28

I was told that by a Paediatrician, he said neither supported their backs enough.

LadyPenelope68 Sun 18-Oct-15 18:36:06

Mine were the same bunbaker

Crazypetlady Sun 18-Oct-15 18:38:43

Oh I didn't realize that. He wont lie flat in a pram. I will look for a playpen thanks

WaitroseEssentialPancetta Sun 18-Oct-15 18:49:09

Baby bjorn bouncer is up to 18 months

Penfold007 Sun 18-Oct-15 19:03:38

A playpen was a life saver in the Penfold household. A safe space where the minipens could see me but I could get on with jobs safely for half an hour or so.

MrsBojingles Sun 18-Oct-15 19:10:37

Travel cot used as a playpen? Much cheaper than full playpen x

ThatsNotMyHouseItIsTooClean Sun 18-Oct-15 19:14:18

Are you sure he has outgrown his bouncer? DD was 90th centile & still in hers at 6mth.
Door bouncer
Bumbo
Jumperoo
Swing
Sit me up cosy

Etak15 Sun 18-Oct-15 19:21:38

Bad mummy alert for me too! I didn't realise that they had to be able to sit up unaided to go in jumperoo? That kind would have defeated the object for me because once they can sit unaided they could sit on the floor with a few toys or if I was in kitchen in high chair with some finger food. Dh was desperate to get jumperoo for dd when she about 2 wks old ha ha we waited until she could hold her head up unsupported and weight bare, can't remember how old maybe 4 months ish? she loved it, did same with all 4 dc's, now I've learnt something if I have any more not having anymore though!

winchester1 Sun 18-Oct-15 19:25:04

We had an inflatable nest £20 from amazon
Also used the pram a lot semi reclined when awake and carrycot for sleeping.
And a bouncy chair which was ok to 10kgs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now