Talk

Advanced search

Staggered bunk beds- where do these exist!

(9 Posts)
ArticSlumberjack Mon 05-Oct-15 13:46:27

I am really keen to put something like This- picture 4- i think or like the attached pictures in my DS room in new house.

The closest I've found is this which I'm not overly keen on and this However, I'd prefer something more like the pictures if at all possible.

I even asked a few local carpenters & showed them this pictures and was quoted in excess of £3000 shock

So, can anyone help?? grin

Datschi Mon 05-Oct-15 13:56:03

I have seen these! I think the site was Funky Bunks.

atticusclaw2 Mon 05-Oct-15 13:58:35

The first picture looks like something you could put together very easily using a metal bed base on the top bunk.

AlisonWunderland Mon 05-Oct-15 14:00:52

Have you tried searching the IKEA hacks website for suggestions?

IvyWall Mon 05-Oct-15 14:05:00

www.funkybunk.co.uk/shop.htm There's a few here

Electrolux2 Mon 05-Oct-15 14:05:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ArticSlumberjack Mon 05-Oct-15 14:14:20

Thanks all! I did look at funky bunk, but unfortunately they are about £1500, so well out of my price bracket. I guess flexa seem to be the best value option, but I suppose I was hoping that I might be able to find a way to construct the ones in the pictures, if they didn't already exist (at a price within my means!) as they'd fit perfectly into the little fireplace alcove.

Will definitely check out Ikea hacks- the closest I think i've seen is just the mid high cabin bunk with another mattress sticking out on the floor- was hoping for an actual bed on the bottom. It's frustrating as I have been pinteresting with a vengeance so I've found all these lovely pictures but no idea where or how to construct them! Doing it bespoke seems vastly expensive so I guess it's back to either flexa or the drawing board (or not!)

hookedonamoonagedaydreem Mon 05-Oct-15 16:29:23

These from the Dorset pine company are cheaper

Maidupmum Mon 05-Oct-15 20:56:19

They're amazing... and I don't even need bunk beds grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »