Talk

Advanced search

Little kickers or music monkeys

(7 Posts)
Busybuzzybumblebee Sun 20-Sep-15 21:05:28

Hi,

I work ft and been looking for a group/activity to do with ds (18months) on weekends. It's come down to little kickers or music monkeys, I don't know anyone who has done either. So asking really if anyone has done either or both and which people would recommend. Thanks

Andcake Sun 20-Sep-15 22:00:39

My ds lives little kickers - they do a lot of music at nursery so it's a bit different for him

milkandmarmite Sun 20-Sep-15 22:04:25

My DS did both and still does Little Kickers and that's the one I would recommend. Monkey Music is great but I tend to think it's slightly better for the younger ones (preferably when they are still sitting not chasing about everywhere!)

Little Kickers is great and my DS adores it.

Racheyg Sun 20-Sep-15 22:43:22

Ds1 started little kickers at 18 months and he was the youngest and took him a while to "understand" it, as some parts can be quite structured. Ds1 is now 25 months and loves it. Esp "yummy yummy footballs in my tummy" You won't be disappointed grin

Where abouts is your class?

Strawberrybubblegum Mon 21-Sep-15 06:45:55

I'm going to go slightly against the trend on this thread, and suggest that monkey music might be better initially, and then switch to little kickers either at Easter or next September. We haven't tried little kickers, but tried Catch-a-ball - which is pretty similar - for a term when DD just turned 2, and she didn't really get it. She's very physical, and loves playing with balls - it was the ability to understand the various games which wasn't there yet. Now, at 2.5 I think she would love it. They change so much at this age!

She's done monkey music since she was tiny, and that's great. I really like the way they learn to be ordered about things: eg they have an instrument song, and then they wait to hear their name to take their instruments back to the instructor.

Monkey music lets you do a trial class, and I'm sure little kickers does too. Why not try both and see what you think of them both?

Busybuzzybumblebee Mon 21-Sep-15 12:15:13

Thanks everyone, our class would be in Surrey. I've booked in for a music monkey trial but little kickers don't do trials and want you to sign up to 6 weeks plus uniform which is quite expensive if not sure he will enjoy. Might do the monkeys and leave kickers until he's a little older

MummyOf3children Fri 04-Mar-16 17:47:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now