Talk

Advanced search

Where do you buy your baby/toddler clothes?

(46 Posts)
Squishyeyeballs Wed 16-Sep-15 22:59:26

Looking for some fresh ideas. I usually buy mine in tesco because they are good quality for the price, but I get tired of buying the same old stuff all the time. I pick up the odd bit from next or m&s but find them expensive. Where else can I look?

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Thu 17-Sep-15 00:34:24

Boden and jojomaman in sale
Sainsbury when they have 25% off events
Boots is prob one best as always offers on clothes and reasonable price and wash well.

Louisa111 Thu 17-Sep-15 08:00:09

I usually go Matalan and sainsburys but I also need some ideas. I never thought of looking in boots x

PennyHasNoSurname Thu 17-Sep-15 08:05:51

H&M in the main. I also get the odd thing from Primark.

SpendSpendSpend Thu 17-Sep-15 08:05:52

I get dd clothes from M&S, Debenhams and the odd bits from Boden

Lolly86 Thu 17-Sep-15 08:07:39

Primary, H&M, George, Tesco usually

Lolly86 Thu 17-Sep-15 08:08:05

primark not primary

dragonflyinthelillies Thu 17-Sep-15 08:11:20

Nct nearly new sale. I've got some brilliant bits for my DS for next to nothing and I'm always being complemented on how well dressed he is

Sugarandsalt Thu 17-Sep-15 08:13:02

My DD is hard to fit (long and slim 16months) and I find gap, boots, m+s, Zara and vertbaudet fit her very well. Zara have lovely soft trousers etc for babies/toddlers at the moment.

thatstoast Thu 17-Sep-15 08:19:48

I didn't even know Zara did children's clothing. I've been getting more from verbaudet due to fit. I find tesco clothes very big.

Spottycarstripes Thu 17-Sep-15 08:25:26

Mainly next and jojomama bebe.
John lewis for coats and hats/gloves are good especially for girls as they have good colour options.
Sainsburys is good for leggings, tights and skirts.
And Gap but I go up 1-2 sizes for a very lean dd as they are sized tiny in there.

Spottycarstripes Thu 17-Sep-15 08:26:16

Yes and boots the autumn stuff in there at the min is lovely for dd.

Bluecarrot Thu 17-Sep-15 08:31:24

Almost all of dds spring/summer clothes are monsoon via eBay. Always getting complimented on her stuff and none have cost me more than £6 an outfit inc postage. Only stuff I buy new are vests, socks and shoes.
Getting ready to start buying autumn/winter stuff now, before the rush starts next month.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Thu 17-Sep-15 08:31:37

Sainsburys & Asda are surprisingly good

Squishyeyeballs Thu 17-Sep-15 08:34:47

Thanks everyone smile I've been eyeing up some stuff on the boots website but wasn't sure of the quality so good to know that they wash well smile thatstoast I find vertbaudet fit very small. Or is it just me?

Squishyeyeballs Thu 17-Sep-15 08:37:13

Oh and also, I avoid primark because although they have lovely stuff at great prices, I find they wash terribly so don't last very long. I think tescos stuff costs around the same but lasts much longer.

Kraggle Thu 17-Sep-15 08:45:56

Sainsburys, next outlet, George, tesco and my SIL! Few bundles off eBay too but not much luck there recently.

RubyGrace17 Thu 17-Sep-15 08:47:48

High street places tend to be Next, Boots, M&S but my favourite is Mothercare. They have lovely things and a huge range to choose from.

Eminybob Thu 17-Sep-15 08:55:25

I like matalan, sainsburys and next, but I got all of DS's current 12-18m wardrobe from a bundle off a Facebook selling site. £40 for around 80 items, everything I needed through summer and winter, good quality, I'm really pleased with it. I think I'll be looking to do the same with his next lot.

Eminybob Thu 17-Sep-15 08:57:18

Ps I had vowed not to buy DS second hand stuff but i realised I was spending hundreds of pounds every few months I soon changed my mind!

CarrotPuff Thu 17-Sep-15 11:18:59

Matalan, H&M, Mothercare. Odd bits at Boots if they are on offer. I find M&S quite expensive.

Sugarandsalt Thu 17-Sep-15 12:35:57

OP I find vertbaudet come up small, that's why I like them for my slim DD!

thatstoast Thu 17-Sep-15 13:34:44

Maybe verbaudet are small rather than tesco being big but it works for DS at the moment.

BertieBotts Thu 17-Sep-15 13:43:54

Used to love Boots and H&M. Next is okay but expensive. M&S is very good for multipacks of t-shirts (etc) but not great for single items. Mothercare is okay for younger ones.

Yes to ebay - I used to scour ebay for baby and toddler clothes! I used the filters at the sides to filter out colours I didn't want (e.g. I removed blue, brown and grey to get a more bright selection), selected the size I wanted and sometimes removed brands I don't like as well, then I'd go down the list watching everything I liked the look of. When that was done, I'd go into my "watch" list and sort by seller, then one by one go through and check each seller's other items. If I liked anything else they were selling in the right size, I'd add that too.

Then with a groaning Watch list, I'd go through and sort by seller again. I'd remove items by sellers who hardly had anything I wanted, items which were more than I was willing to pay to start with, duplicates, unless I really loved something, and things I was less keen on. Then I'd sort by end date, decide what I was willing to pay on each and bid on those. I didn't bother trying to snipe for baby clothes - thought it was a bit mean. I'd put slightly over my maximum bid on and then not go back to the page. If I lost, it was more than I wanted to pay anyway. I had maximum ideas of what I would pay - can't remember exactly how much now. Then I'd go over by about a pound if I really liked something. If it was something REALLY special then I'd bid over what I would pay in a shop for a new but reasonably priced item of clothing (My limit for new was usually £4 for a top, £8 for a bottom or a jumper/cardi)

I got lots of nice things this way and people often commented on DS' clothes smile

Squishyeyeballs Thu 17-Sep-15 14:22:23

Brilliant, loads of tips here thanks :D I have bought stuff on ebay for ds, I recently got 5 really good branded knit jumpers and a shirt for £15 including postage :D I find deals like that few and far between though, I'll have to employ some of your militant tactics and stick to them bertie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now