Am I a bad mum??

(5 Posts)
Chatterbox99 Wed 16-Sep-15 20:28:49

So today when I tried to play with my kids and wanted to have some family fun time I joined in with their game but then my 9 year old daughter lost her temper with me and shouted at me for ruining her fun and "mumming it all up" shock

Mumming it all up - what does this even mean? confused Obviously it was meant as an insult but I don't get what she was trying to say or how being a mum could be a bad thing. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks x

MakeItACider Thu 17-Sep-15 12:41:19

I'm guessing you turned a child's game into a grown up/mum's version of the game. So proper rules were put in place or things like that. Is she the eldest? If she is, then it could be that the younger children will follow your lead rather than hers when you join in.

BettyBi0 Thu 17-Sep-15 16:25:10

Ouch!

I'm not sure what mumming it all up means but I'd be gutted too! Do you think she was trying to say that they wanted parent-free time? I guess everyone's parents made them cringe a bit sometimes. I know I regularly told my own mum to pi** off in all sorts of spiteful ways as a tweenager (sorry mum!)

Chairmanofthebored Thu 17-Sep-15 20:03:26

I would leave them to it if they are happily playing and have a nice sit down.

shutupanddance Thu 17-Sep-15 20:08:56

It seems to go with the pre teen/teen turf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now