Talk

Advanced search

7 year old daughter masturbating ALL the time

(12 Posts)
bodo2 Tue 18-Aug-15 20:06:39

Advice needed please! My 7 year old daughter has started masturbating. Everytime I turn around at the moment, she is either humping the couch or touching herself. We've had lots of chats about it; she knows that this is an activity to do in private, but our chats aren't making the slightest bit of difference. I don't want to tell her off, it's obviously natural and she feels good when she's doing it, but today, she was doing it while she had a friend over... not good! Any thoughts on how to handle this? Is it simply a case of constantly reminding her and hope that it eventually sinks in?

gamerchick Tue 18-Aug-15 20:09:29

Treat her for worms?

BinarySolo Tue 18-Aug-15 20:10:45

Are you sure she's masterbating and not itchy? Could she have thrush?

HermioneWeasley Tue 18-Aug-15 20:12:26

Ah, happy memories. I forever had my hands down my pants as a little one, and my mother made me feel confused and ashamed. I stopped doing it again until I hit puberty. So many wasted years <sobs>

bodo2 Tue 18-Aug-15 20:15:40

She's not complaining that she's itchy. She's really enjoying herself! I really definitely don't want to feel ashamed etc

happymummyone Tue 18-Aug-15 20:20:32

The act itself is not really a problem, it's the doing it around others that is the issue. Just be really cool about it, and make sure she knows it's private. A good deterrent might be to say she can't have her friends over anymore unless she keeps this sort of behaviour to her bedroom? I don't know, good luck.

FungusTheBogeymam Tue 18-Aug-15 20:24:28

I'd just repeat, quietly and calmly, every time you see her doing it - "I know it feels nice but you have to do that in private. If you want to stay here with [whoever] then you have to take your hand away and keep it away".

BitchPeas Tue 18-Aug-15 20:27:36

Just tell her it's private and to go to her bedroom, every single time.

Wasn't there a very similar thread but with a younger aged girl a few days ago? It was started by her dad iirc.

bodo2 Tue 18-Aug-15 20:30:54

Thanks all. I didn't see that thread... I tried searching for similar questions before I posted but got all sorts of interesting threads instead!

StonedGalah Tue 18-Aug-15 20:33:35

Ffs, tell her off! It's not something to be encouraged, its something you discover yourself and keep private.

We are going to have a generation running around dry humping everything because their mummy's didn't want them to feel ashamed hmm

DeandraReynolds Tue 18-Aug-15 20:36:35

I'd tell her off. You don't have to shame her, but you've told her (presumably) where and when she can do it and where and when she can't and she is ignoring you.

Pinkangel23 Wed 19-Aug-15 10:40:38

My son been doing this pretty much since he was a baby, along with digit sucking. He 's now 6 and 1/2 and much more discrete. Best just to reiterate that's it's for 'private time'. Also, for ds it can be when he's bored so I try to distract him with games, activities etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now