Talk

Advanced search

PFB temperature. .. argh

(4 Posts)
squizita Tue 18-Aug-15 13:36:39

I know it's most likely teething, followed by a bug or chicken pox abd anything dreadful is most unlikely. She's 11 months give or take.

She's been around 38.5 since 3am. Grizzly as hell but not "inconsolable" as the nhs calls it. Can't sleep well as uncomfortable.
Been giving lots of boob feeds, offering sippy cup etc. Gave baby ibuprofen. GP is aware and have a pencilled in appt which I will cancel if the temp lifts.

PFB mummy ...words of wisdom and tips welcome!! Poor thing. She's usually so jolly.sad

ffffffedup Tue 18-Aug-15 13:44:46

Keep her in just a vest plenty of fluids and plenty of cuddles. I wouldn't worry too much about food as long as she's having plenty liquids and frequent wet nappies

squizita Tue 18-Aug-15 13:52:51

Cool thanks. She's only nibbled some raisins and shreddies but I've offered boob milk loads. She's in a shorty romper (more or less a vest).

The ibuprofen seems to have enabled good deep sleep (on me, so on mn) thank goodness.

TheBuggerlugs Tue 18-Aug-15 14:04:21

When my PFB isn't well she mainly just wants milk and yoghurt. Paracetamol may get the temp down better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now