Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

snuffle babe for a newborn??

(9 Posts)
ffffffedup Tue 18-Aug-15 09:13:29

Is it safe to use snuffle babe vapour rub on a newborn I've thrown the box away with the instructions in?

MissesandMuddles Tue 18-Aug-15 09:27:23

I think it says 3+ months on the box.

I don't think there's any decongestant that's suitable for a newborn...

...unfortunately was I have a 4 week old with a heavy cold. Night feeds are almost impossible.

I've tried saline spray and sitting in shower room with hot tap on but neither did much.

mummypig3 Tue 18-Aug-15 09:29:01

No you can use saline nasal drops though. Ask your pharmacy for them. They're quite cheap

CoconutSponge Tue 18-Aug-15 09:29:41

Doesn't look like it - from Snufflebabe website:

Q. Is Snufflebabe Vapour Rub suitable for newborn babies?

A. Snufflebabe Vapour Rub can be used from the age of three months. Below this age it’s best to consult your GP, pharmacist or health visitor.

CoconutSponge Tue 18-Aug-15 09:31:05

More info here:

www.snufflebabe.co.uk/faqs/

Mulligrubs Tue 18-Aug-15 09:34:09

I used it when my son was 3 weeks and had a cold. I just rubbed it on a bib and attached the bib to the moses basket handle. I am aware it is suitable from 3 months on the box but my GP said what I was doing was fine.

MissesandMuddles Tue 18-Aug-15 19:37:47

This is from birth.

HowamIgoingtocope Tue 18-Aug-15 19:42:52

Are you bf. If so express a little and try and get it up your little ones nose. Not as easy as it sounds bur it does wonders.

ffffffedup Tue 18-Aug-15 22:52:10

Thanks it wasn't for my dc it was for my neice she's only 3 weeks old, I'd bought it for my 6mo few weeks ago wasn't sure if she could use it too

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: