Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed

(5 Posts)
KatieRiley1986 Mon 17-Aug-15 20:37:58

I'm unsure what to do and have no one to talk to about things. My husband comes home from work, has his dinner and then sleeps the majority of the evening. Weekends he tends to have two naps a day lasting 1-3 hours each. I look after my 1 year old daughter all week and rarely get a break or any help from family. When my husband is awake he is usually cross at me. Mostly because I can no longer bring myself to have sex with him as its always all about him and it just hurts me physically. My husband does one or two little tasks around the house and I do the rest. My toddler is very intense and most of the day is spent with her tantruming. I am so fed up. He is on anti depressants, but they don't do much. I wish I had the guts to lea, but I don't. I feel like a single parent sad

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Mon 17-Aug-15 20:47:15

Time for a frank and open conversation with your other half. "this is not working for me and this is why..."

Be very clear about what you expect to change. Set a time limit for yourself. Leave if things aren't better. Life is too short.

Sansarya Mon 17-Aug-15 20:48:16

Ask MNHQ to move this into Relationships OP. You'll get more traffic and more advice there.

lemoncordial Mon 17-Aug-15 21:38:24

This sounds really hard. Sounds like he needs to see his doctor again as his medication isn't working. You also need yo try to make him understand how hard things are for you.

Lonz Mon 17-Aug-15 21:56:32

It sounds like he isn't taking into consideration the work you're doing. Why does he sleep so much? He needs to go back to the docs if it's because of depression. Sounds selfish and wants it all on a plate.

You need to talk to him about how his behaviour is making you feel. If he isn't prepared to get help if it's a medical issue, then he isn't prepared to help you out, it goes hand in hand. You need his help. If it's not there, then I don't think it's a good way to live your life.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now