Talk

Advanced search

Day time naps.

(4 Posts)
LucyB1 Mon 17-Aug-15 12:33:13

Help pls. My 1 year old will not sleep in the house during the day. She naps fine with Nans and granddad and at nursery. But for me she will only nap in the car. After 40 mins if trying indoors (with mattress on floor) I gave up and went for a drive. I'm now drinking tea in my car. Again. This can not continue!! Advise anyone??

plummyjam Tue 18-Aug-15 10:04:04

What about a pushchair in the house? At first you might need to rock her to get her to sleep but after a bit she might recognise the pushchair as a sleep cue and go off on her own. With the pushchair they're strapped in and can't stand off/wander off.

TheBuggerlugs Tue 18-Aug-15 14:08:07

She is obviously able to nap in other places so there isn't any reason why not at your home. What's her routine? Maybe we can help with some pointers.

nottheOP Tue 18-Aug-15 14:14:24

She's one so;

Lunch at 11, nap at 11.30
Wake up anytime before 3

Nap routine of room, curtains, nappy, bottom half clothing off, Gro bag, book and bed. If she's playing, leave her to it. If she's crying settle in the cot only using words, but not too many.

No backing down, stop driving round!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now