Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only working parent to be having a mid summer holiday breakdown??

(5 Posts)
arrraggh Sun 16-Aug-15 20:42:13

sad Working all through, summer holidays really sucks. Desperate to spend time with kids but now reached the stage where when I do nothing have time with them do nothing blushsadconfusedbut shout and scream at them. Am I having a proper meltdown or is some of this normal?

arrraggh Mon 17-Aug-15 13:19:59

Must be wink

Heels99 Mon 17-Aug-15 13:22:20

I am workin 4 days per week but have nice things planned for the other 3 I find this helps and kids are at great holiday clubs so having fun doing all sorts of things

Imnotaslimjim Mon 17-Aug-15 13:33:01

I remember it well, I worked full time last year (40 hours over 4 days) so tried to organise something to do on my week day off, and something as a family when DH were off 1 weekend day

I did feel like I was shouting at them a lot, and would catch myself shrieking in Asda for daft stuff like wandering to look at something on the next shelf

Don't beat yourself up, but if you feel close to exploding, walk away for a minute, take a calming breath and force a smile. Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy what time you do have with them

arrraggh Mon 17-Aug-15 14:36:59

Thanks Imnotaslimjim and heels99. I have planned stuff to do but we are all knackered and they never go to plan.

I'm just going to have to keep on counting and try not to bite. smile

It's not forever is it? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now