Talk

Advanced search

new mum need input on ready to feed newborn milk by cow & gate and the smell!

(4 Posts)
GoldenPenguin Sun 16-Aug-15 15:45:40

Hi everyone

My first baby is 16 days old and most of his feeds are from breast apart from one which is his pre-bed feed. We use cow & gate ready to feed newborn milk. Its a new addition to our routine (he loves his food and that feed done by my oh buys me some sleep!)

My question is is it normal for the ready to feed milk in the litre bottles to smell... well... bad? It almost smells like its on the turn. We opened a bottle yesterday and our little one had it and has had no issue but when i sniffed it this morning (no idea why i did!) i was tempted to throw it! Thought I'd check here first in case I'm just a new mum unfamiliar with formula! Its in date. Anyone elsenoticed this?

Dina1234 Sun 16-Aug-15 22:56:31

I'm not sure about ready to feed by powdered formula doesn't smell right either although baby doesn't mind...

GingerCuddleMonster Sun 16-Aug-15 23:14:55

I find our brand hipp organic follow on smells really irony when it's the bottles.

Aptamil new born didn't smell at all though and they also make cow and gate. Have you bought the smaller single feed bottles to see what they smell like?

LemonLime11 Sun 16-Aug-15 23:39:54

Sounds familiar, it stinks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now