Talk

Advanced search

child modelling agencies

(9 Posts)
AbByG25 Sat 15-Aug-15 20:00:35

I want to refer my baby to a model agency but unsure what ones are safe/approved. Is anyone able to give me advice or names of some please?

Atenco Sat 15-Aug-15 21:24:43

Sorry, not an expert, but I would assume that you would always have to accompany your child, so would they need to be safe or approved?

Rivercam Sat 15-Aug-15 21:28:18

If they ask for money for photographs etc, avoid.

nuggles Sat 15-Aug-15 23:50:26

I agree with the above, avoid if they ask for fees.

I enquired into babymodels.co.uk and bizzy kids earlier this week. Baby models came back the next day saying my son had been accepted but they needed £75 to cover admin fees before meeting him and I. Bizzy kids also came back asking for £180 upfront for website costs. Neither of these could guarantee a job let alone a casting. It's disgusting how companies like this profit from innocent babies and naive parents like me.
We've decided not to pursue this anymore, although don't let my experience of these two companies put you off, there are probably some very decent agencies out there who won't charge a fee at all.

chumbler Sun 16-Aug-15 02:09:05

I think most agencies charge a joining fee regardless of if child ever gets a job

RockinHippy Sun 16-Aug-15 02:32:59

I agree with Rivercam & Atenco, avoid any that ask for any kind of fees at all, good ones do not charge you, they recognise that your DC has a saleable quality & make their money from fees to clients - not you

Also be aware even good agencies can try it on with fees & photography costs, say no & if they really think they can sell your DC they will be back

& remember it's not just about having a cute, photographic kid, it's as much about their personality & how they react to people they don't know in what can often be stressful situations for a little one

Good luck

RockinHippy Sun 16-Aug-15 02:47:17

Oh & Google "Association of Modelling Agents" they will have an up to date list of good agencies

acupofteafortwoormore Sun 16-Aug-15 03:20:51

Posted on your other thread -

But for good measure - www.juniormagazine.co.uk/child-modelling/10-of-the-best-child-model-agencies/1645.html

And this one charges no fee at all & explained that is how it should be - they only take commission (standard rate) if/when your child gets paid from a job.

You should not need to pay admin:photo fee anything.
http://bruceandbrown.com/About-Us/default.aspx]]

[[

acupofteafortwoormore Sun 16-Aug-15 03:21:20

bruceandbrown.com/About-Us/default.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now