Talk

Advanced search

When do you stop using swimming nappies?

(4 Posts)
Asleeponasunbeam Sat 15-Aug-15 17:21:35

How long should I make sure DS is accident free before I let him swim without nappies? He's been day time dry for 3 months, poos in the potty daily and no poo accidents for weeks now. I'll have him on the beach without a swim nappy, but should he use one in the pool for now?

Buttercup27 Sat 15-Aug-15 17:26:01

Dcs swimming classes insist all wear swim nappies until you are 100% sure they won't have an accident as they are fined by the pool.
We use a reusable swim nappy (looks just like a pair of pants but different material ) with the swim cover shorts over top. Makes it so much cheaper and easier to persuade ds to wear 1 as it's not a nappy to him just pants.
Also I think as he loves swimming so.much he may before reluctant to leave the pool to go to the loo so there is a slightly higher possibility of him having am accident even though he has been accident free for ages

Zeitgeistic Sat 15-Aug-15 17:36:44

Until you're absolutely confident they won't poo in the pool. DD potty trained at 2.5 but I used swim nappies until she was about 3 I think. If poo gets in the pool it's a big deal and the pool will have to be closed to be cleaned. The thought of that always made me err on the side of caution!

RhinosAreFatUnicorns Sat 15-Aug-15 17:40:42

DD was trained at 2.5 but I used swim nappies until she was 4 just in case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now