Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bottle Feeding

(9 Posts)
TCake12 Fri 14-Aug-15 12:07:24

This morning, whilst my husband was making our coffees he also made our baby a bottle. I came into the kitchen shortly after and also made the baby a bottle.
We let one cool then put it in the fridge.
So my question is can this bottle in the fridge now be reheated?
We always make the bottle by pouring boiling water over the measured out formula. So it will be a hot bottle that has been cooled, put in the fridge and then reheated.
Advice would be greatly appreciated smile

BlueThursday Fri 14-Aug-15 12:15:39

The strict advice is to make one up at a time but I make a days up in advance so it's up to you what you feel happy with doing

I would add formula to water rather than water to formula to ensure proper concentration

I flash cool the bottles then put them in the fridge so they aren't out any longer than needs be

Luckily my DD always drinks her milk cold but yes you can warm them after they've been in the fridge

TCake12 Fri 14-Aug-15 12:23:16

Thank you smile
I use one of his other sterilised bottles to measure the water and pour it over the formula so I know it's the right concentration. I find using the scoop over the steamy boiled water just gets the scoop all caked in powder and then it's not very accurate then anyway!

So it'll be fine to just reheat then?
I remember making up my daughter's bottles in advance but that was ten years ago and all the advice is different this time round!

BlueThursday Fri 14-Aug-15 12:29:40

We have a clever scoop thing it's fab grin

It's really what element of "risk" you're happy to take

The day i discovered DD liked cold I was dancing grin

ffffffedup Fri 14-Aug-15 13:12:25

Buy a tommee tippee perfect prep machine fantastic gadget worth every penny

Roseybee10 Sat 15-Aug-15 19:52:43

Tbh I wouldn't reheat bottles or make up in advance.
Perfect prep is amazing.
If I'm out and about I put boiling water in the bottle (2oz) then put in the formula so the formula is going into hot enough water to kill bacteria then top it up with cooled boiled water so its drinkable immediately.

Lightbulbon Sat 15-Aug-15 19:56:28

NEVER add the water after the formula!

Your baby could be getting dehydrated because the proportion of formula to water will be too strong.

Jeez, it's really not rocket science making up a bottle!

NickyEds Mon 17-Aug-15 14:18:54

How so*Light*? Op has said that she measures the volume of water.

Koalafications Mon 17-Aug-15 14:24:56

Agree that Perfect Prep is the way to go. Tis amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now