Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Easy to make play dough recipe that doesn't need baking

(8 Posts)
Mummytomissp Tue 11-Aug-15 18:09:09

Hi mummies,
Just wondering if any mums have a salt Dough recipe and that it doesn't need baking.
Also in grams and not in cups.
Thanks smilesmile

mumofboyo Tue 11-Aug-15 19:54:59

This is a method for making it in the microwave if that's what you mean by 'no bake'?
It's measured in units as well as in cups.

junemami Tue 11-Aug-15 19:59:43

It is in cups sorry but I just use a mug and its fine. Or you could use an online converter. Does need plenty of kneeding, and sometimes a bit more water.

Imeg Wed 12-Aug-15 13:04:25

You don't say why you want a non-bake one but I found the cooked one (basically mixed in a saucepan over heat, nothing complicated) worked much better than the non-baked one in terms of the finished product, it was stretchier and less crumbly.
But maybe you want to make it with a child in which case I can see the advantages of a no-cook one.

Panzee Wed 12-Aug-15 13:07:35

1cup (any cup, as long as it's the same size) flour
1/2 cup salt
1 tbsp cream of tartar
Blob food colouring
1 cup boiling water
Put all in bowl, stir together. Knead till cool. Five minutes tops.

Littlef00t Fri 14-Aug-15 15:53:01

My mil made some with dd that was hair conditioner and cornflour mixed together. No heat or anything. It was good at the time but a week later was rather crumbly. I guess it depends what you need it for.

Misty9 Sat 15-Aug-15 06:19:42

I made the imagination tree one linked further up this week, and it still looks great one week on. Didn't need all the water and used liquid gel colouring.

afreshstartplease Sat 15-Aug-15 06:20:56

I use hot water in mine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now