Talk

Advanced search

Am I being lazy?

(9 Posts)
Littlepig8834 Mon 10-Aug-15 13:08:17

I have a 7 week old and for the past few days I've been sleeping in until 10:30-11am (husband is off work so baby is with him).

I'm worried I'm being lazy, when DH is at work I get up and look after our baby and definitely don't sleep in late. I'm just concerned that I'll struggle when DH goes back to work.

This is our first baby and whilst she is sleeping a little better, she is still wanting feeds through the night, I usually do these feeds when DH is at work but whilst he's off we are sharing them.

I know if I'm sleeping I obviously need the sleep but feel so guilty for leaving DH to look after baby (he doesn't mind in the slightest, he loves daddy-daughter time).

Think I'm being paranoid, but just wanted to hear that this is ok and I'm not being a lazy cow! If I am being a lazy cow, tips on how to force myself out of bed will be appreciated!!

Fugghetaboutit Mon 10-Aug-15 13:09:09

Sleep as much as you can right now!

Bedsheets4knickers Mon 10-Aug-15 15:04:20

Your not lazy , like you say your sleeping because you need it . Carry on banking the hours . The 1st year is hazy and unpredictable so it's best to sleep if u can x

Kiwiinkits Thu 13-Aug-15 00:59:22

I'd have your iron checked too.

TheyreMadITellYouMaaaad Thu 13-Aug-15 01:08:43

Certainly not! This is how parenting should be, sharing the load and trusting each other. Enjoy the luxury of being able to sleep while you can.

FastWindow Thu 13-Aug-15 01:11:07

DH sounds amazing and supportive, as it should be. Ditch the guilt, you just made a human. smile congratulations!! And go to sleep!

Littlef00t Thu 13-Aug-15 21:47:22

If you were working a job that had night shifts you would know you needed to sleep at night. Just because youre getting some sleep at night doesn't mean you don't need to catch up during the day!

My DH was off work for 3 months after dd was born and I slept in and had 1-2 naps every day! Still shattered! Broken sleep is a killer and it adds up. Make the most of being able to sleep while you can.

Littlef00t Thu 13-Aug-15 21:47:52

*Sleep in the day obv

Littlepig8834 Thu 13-Aug-15 23:27:05

Thanks for all your replies. My iron is low so that is contributing to tiredness too. Glad I'm not thought of as lazy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now