Talk

Advanced search

BCG SOS

(9 Posts)
Manoxlon Mon 10-Aug-15 11:21:04

My ds is 5m old and for the past 5 months I have been trying to get his BCG jab done. Hosp where he was born couldn't do it because they had run out. Since I have tried NHS referral (been cancelled at the last minute due to shortage) + Portland in London (been cancelled at the last minute due to shortage).. Has anyone in the London/ Sth East area done it recently? If so could you pls let me know where..? Thank you!

jellymum1704 Mon 10-Aug-15 17:26:53

Hi..whereabouts do you live? we got it done at Erith Health centre recently.Might be worth checking with your HV for the nearest one. Ours got postponed by a month due to vaccine shortage.

MissTwister Mon 10-Aug-15 20:32:48

Can't find it here in South East London....

Manoxlon Tue 11-Aug-15 14:11:48

thanks anyway!

PosterEh Tue 11-Aug-15 14:13:53

There are shortages in Ireland too so it might be a widespread thing.

contractor6 Mon 17-Aug-15 16:37:33

I was told Greenwich borough do it as routinue, not sure if not a resident can go to the children's centre there??

Lonz Mon 17-Aug-15 16:47:22

I lived in SE London as a kid but I had my BCG done in year 8 at school. I don't know if it's routine now to give it to babies due the area you live in. It's the most painful vaccine I've had in my life - why do you need it done this early? They've realised that not everyone needs it now.

soundsystem Tue 18-Aug-15 21:56:41

There's a national shortage. My DD was due hers in February and we're still waiting. And we're in a high-TB area of East London. Health visitor/clinic etc don't seem to have much info on when it will be available.

Artistic Tue 18-Aug-15 23:01:45

My DD had hers at day-2 in October 2014. Didn't hear of a shortage at that time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now