Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

BCG SOS

(9 Posts)
Manoxlon Mon 10-Aug-15 11:21:04

My ds is 5m old and for the past 5 months I have been trying to get his BCG jab done. Hosp where he was born couldn't do it because they had run out. Since I have tried NHS referral (been cancelled at the last minute due to shortage) + Portland in London (been cancelled at the last minute due to shortage).. Has anyone in the London/ Sth East area done it recently? If so could you pls let me know where..? Thank you!

jellymum1704 Mon 10-Aug-15 17:26:53

Hi..whereabouts do you live? we got it done at Erith Health centre recently.Might be worth checking with your HV for the nearest one. Ours got postponed by a month due to vaccine shortage.

MissTwister Mon 10-Aug-15 20:32:48

Can't find it here in South East London....

Manoxlon Tue 11-Aug-15 14:11:48

thanks anyway!

PosterEh Tue 11-Aug-15 14:13:53

There are shortages in Ireland too so it might be a widespread thing.

contractor6 Mon 17-Aug-15 16:37:33

I was told Greenwich borough do it as routinue, not sure if not a resident can go to the children's centre there??

Lonz Mon 17-Aug-15 16:47:22

I lived in SE London as a kid but I had my BCG done in year 8 at school. I don't know if it's routine now to give it to babies due the area you live in. It's the most painful vaccine I've had in my life - why do you need it done this early? They've realised that not everyone needs it now.

soundsystem Tue 18-Aug-15 21:56:41

There's a national shortage. My DD was due hers in February and we're still waiting. And we're in a high-TB area of East London. Health visitor/clinic etc don't seem to have much info on when it will be available.

Artistic Tue 18-Aug-15 23:01:45

My DD had hers at day-2 in October 2014. Didn't hear of a shortage at that time?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: