Talk

Advanced search

Is my 4 week old sleeping too much?

(7 Posts)
weelamb123 Sun 09-Aug-15 20:10:08

Hi all

My dd is almost 4 weeks old and is very rarely awake. Only really first thing in the morning.She sleeps all day only waking to feed and although sleeps at night still wakes for feeds 2 - 3 times. Is this normal? I am a parent again after 9 years so can't really remember this stage! xxx

KitKat1985 Sun 09-Aug-15 21:05:55

Very young babies do sleep a lot. I really wouldn't worry as long as she is gaining weight normally. Just take the opportunity to get some zzzzzzs in before the next growth spurt where she wakes you every hour for some milk! xx

caravanista13 Sun 09-Aug-15 21:09:20

Make the most of it!

MissTwister Sun 09-Aug-15 21:45:38

My 5 week old pretty much sleeps all the time but as long as they wake to feed I think that's okay.

LittleMiss77 Sun 09-Aug-15 21:50:04

Mines the same weelamb... 4 weeks on wednesday and he's asleep most of the time. Apart from 3 days last week when all he did was scream!

He's taking between 4 -5 oz at each feed and putting weight on nicely. When he is awake he is very alert so at the moment im making the most of his sleepiness - due a feed at midnight so im catching up on some tv smile

StopShoutingAtYourBrother Sun 09-Aug-15 21:52:47

Can be! My ds1 was exactly like this! As long as eating enough so growing on percentile and when awake is alert and happy then I'd enjoy it!

imwithspud Mon 10-Aug-15 11:41:11

Yes very normal, as long as she is feeding and gaining weight fine then try not to worry. My DD2 is 10 weeks old now, she's spending more time awake and is starting to have 'naps' rather than a constant stream of sleep, eat, poop, repeat. I really miss the early newborn days, they seem like a lifetime ago now.

Make the most of it, it really does go so quickly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now