Talk

Advanced search

What bottles do you use?

(14 Posts)
LittleMiss77 Wed 05-Aug-15 22:18:25

FF my 3 week old and we've just had our second evening of screaming, arching backs, kicking legs and general unsettledness.

Im wondering if this is the start of colic and am looking at what i can do, if anything to ease the discomfort for the LO.

Currently using bog standard Tommee Tippee bottles and i can see/hear the air in the milk whilst feeding so im thinking of swapping to MAM anti colic (got some freebies)

Does anyone have any experience of these? Any other make to try? Anything else I can do? (have been using infacol, but it gives us some amazing nappies the following day!)

TIA

eurochick Wed 05-Aug-15 22:20:40

We went from TT to MAM and haven't looked back. We're still using the same bottles a year on (just changed the teats).

LittleMiss77 Wed 05-Aug-15 22:26:32

Thanks eurochic, Ive dug out the MAM bottles and am going to wash/sterilise tomorrow ready to go...

I know the MAM bottles can be sterilised in the microwave - do you know whether they can go in a steam steriliser too?

i dont think i can have another evening of this... I feel so helpless, the little guy was inconsolable earlier

notascooby007 Wed 05-Aug-15 22:50:48

I've always used a mix of avent and mam never had a problem

hookedonamoonagedaydream Thu 06-Aug-15 07:18:58

MAM and NUK bottles worked well for DS who was like your LO. MAM bottles can go in the steam steriliser too.

soundsystem Thu 06-Aug-15 07:45:40

MAM worked really well for us, we had the self-sterilising ones you out in the microwave - they were great!

ODog Thu 06-Aug-15 09:42:14

I had a bottle refuser and at 5mo He finally took MAM bottles. We put them in a TT steam steriliser and it was fine. Not sure about affects on colic though, he was bf until 5mo by which time he could bring up his own wind pretty well.

eurochick Fri 07-Aug-15 20:36:59

Steam sterilisation is fine. That's basically what is happening in the microwave.

Topsyloulou Fri 07-Aug-15 20:47:23

We used tommee tippee bottles from 5 days old. DS starting suffering a bit of colic around 3 weeks, started on infacol but little improvement. When I got him weighed at about 6 weeks the health visitor told me to change the teat to the next one up as he was having to work too hard to get the milk & was taking in lots of air. I was very sceptical but the difference was amazing & immediate. I know lots of people have also had the same advice & it really worked for them too.

RozTheSchnoz Fri 07-Aug-15 20:50:44

Dr Brown's with both DC. Came highly recommended and we've never had issues with colic, them taking to the bottle etc. (touch wood!) I recommend them to all smile

TheBuggerlugs Fri 07-Aug-15 20:51:44

We used MAM and they were great but moved to Avent Classic.....but I can't really remember why! We put 5ml of gripe water in each bottle and found it much better than infacol. We also moved to bigger teats at around 9w and noticed a difference. Babies do go through a phase called purple crying (Google it) and it's a perfectly normal although horrendous part of their development.

RaaRaaTheLion Fri 07-Aug-15 20:52:00

Really can't recommend the MAM bottles enough, have done so to all of my friends and it's a unanimous thumbs up from us all. You can hear the air being taken out of them, not one single night of colic the whole time we've used them!

zeddybrek Fri 07-Aug-15 23:24:59

Dr Browns worked well for my LO.

Roseybee10 Sat 08-Aug-15 17:17:24

Tommee tippee bottles were awful for giving mine wind. We moved to the MAM anti colic and it was best decision ever. They're so much better with keeping the gulping air to a minimum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now