Talk

Advanced search

Having a nanny...

(3 Posts)
MrsRV Wed 05-Aug-15 20:27:31

anyone have a nanny? how does it work & at what kind of cost?

LHReturns Wed 05-Aug-15 21:09:39

We have a nanny...our DS is 14 months and she started with us when he was 6 months. My partner and I both work.

We are in central London, she is live-in (next to baby bedroom, with her own TV), she works 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday. Two nights babysitting (where she keeps the monitor overnight) are included in the deal; additional nights babysitting cost extra, and weekends cost extra. She also travels with us.

She is fully legal, costs us about £550/week before tax, she makes about £450/week. She returns to her home country for a month once a year (on full pay, and we pay for her flight).

She is absolutely wonderful, she loves our son and dog so much, and they love her. She is quiet, discreet, causes zero intrusion, prefers to retreat to her room when DS has gone to bed. I feel so lucky to have her and work very hard to keep her as happy as we are. She is a wonderful, loyal person and worth her weight in more than gold.

Littlef00t Wed 05-Aug-15 21:09:41

There's a marvellous home childcare forum section that will have lots of pointers. If no one posts here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now