Talk

Advanced search

Hipp organic jars

(8 Posts)
moomin35 Tue 04-Aug-15 21:07:33

Can anyone tell me whether the larger hipp organic jars (from 7 months +) are a single portion for babies? What age can they be used up to?

feeona123 Tue 04-Aug-15 22:07:00

Depends how much your baby eats!

I had some left over and my 16 month old had one. No upper limit.

squizita Wed 05-Aug-15 09:57:43

My dd won't finish one at 10 months (though I give them alongside fruit, veg and/or bread). They say they keep 24 hr in the fridge which would suggest many babies don't finish them.
Jars are so bulky though, I use Ellas Kitchen pouches out and about, and batch freeze AK recipe home cooking. Mine will eat way more from a pouch and it's less messy.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Wed 05-Aug-15 09:59:09

Both my kids would eat half a jar then some fruit/rice cakes/yogurt if they wanted more.

whatsagoodusername Wed 05-Aug-15 10:05:47

When we started on the larger ones, they didn't finish them all. But after a few weeks they did. I usually just threw them out if they ate at least half.

Just offer it (alongside other things like fruit if you want) until the baby is disinterested.

moomin35 Fri 07-Aug-15 22:49:11

What age can they be used until?

whatsagoodusername Fri 07-Aug-15 23:05:55

I don't think it matters.

I used them until it didn't seem like enough food, then moved up to the next stage. They get chunkier as the stages go on, so as long as your DC can manage the chewing, they can eat whatever - earlier stages are fine, just involve less chewing.

Imeg Sat 08-Aug-15 14:03:21

Reading the ingredients on baby food jars (all brands) they are usually mainly vegetables - even if they say 'chicken casserole' or something, they're usually mainly potatoes and carrots. I still occasionally use them for my toddler as I've got loads in the cupboard and he really likes them but I normally add some protein (tuna/cheese/egg). A younger baby would be having more milk so would get protein from that.
It wouldn't do you or I any harm to eat one as an adult, we'd just find them a bit boring, and/or taste weird as no salt or flavourings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now