Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for nursery staff

(5 Posts)
MintSource Fri 31-Jul-15 08:38:05

Hello, have posted this in Nursery board, too.

Baby Mint has just started to walk and so will be soon be leaving his baby room at nursery to join a walkers� room.

The key worker he has had since he started there is outstanding. She made the difference, not just to him settling in brilliantly and having a great start, but to me feeling happy � or as happy a mum ever can be - to leave him.

This in itself was great but in the last three months she has done such a brilliant job and demonstrated in countless ways that she really cares for him as if he were her own. He couldn�t be happier and has learnt so much. He loves all the staff.

My question is this� when he moves to a different room, I�d like to thank all the staff that looked after him in the baby room (about 8 different people in total) and particularly his key worker. How is this usually done?

I�d like to give a joint gift (and card) of some kind to all the staff and also a special gift and card to his keyworker. Would this be OK or is it not the done thing to single out individuals?

No idea what to buy as a group gift. For his key worker, I was thinking either a voucher for some pampering or a John Lewis gift card. I�d like to spend �50 on her.

I�d be really grateful for experience and views on this please.

Blankiefan Sat 01-Aug-15 09:21:51

I hada similar scenario. Ibad a big shiny gift box from Xmas do bought 8 bottles if wine and 8 bags of snacks (fancy nuts, nice crisps, Pringles, etc). Arranged it all in the box with gift straw stuff and took it in. The wine was all from aldi/lidl - I did a combo or red, white, prosecco and rose.

I did consider something for DD's key worker but felt that they'd all made a difference (and in truth whilst we allows her key worker, there we're a couple of others who dd had an equally strong bond with)

I do think £50 is a lot to give to just one person in the team. (Be aware too that some nurseries don't let them accept individual gifts - they all have to be pooled). I probably spent that on my wine & snacks hamper tho.... You'll have a better feel for the dynamic.

Lozzapops Sun 02-Aug-15 20:56:31

I got a couple of tubs of quality street to go in the staff room, and then a middle size Yankee candle for my daughter's key worker. That cost £10. I think £50 is rather a lot to be honest, and she may actually feel very uncomfortable accepting it (if she is even allowed to).

MeridianB Sun 02-Aug-15 21:04:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

grabaspoon Sun 02-Aug-15 21:09:52

I was a room leader and it was never expected.

For group presents some nice biscuits, sweets, magazine subscription for the lunch room etc, some nice moisturiser for the room: lots of hand washing means we need hand cream etc.

If you want to buy fir the key person then I think something like a pedicure voucher could be good. Maybe a voucher for Costa/Starbucks/Boots?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now