Talk

Advanced search

Travel sterilisers

(12 Posts)
lilmisslibrarian Tue 28-Jul-15 10:33:30

Hi all

We are spending a couple of weekends away from home in August with out PFB who will be 8 weeks old and FF and I'm looking for a steriliser that I can take that isn't as cumbersome as my electric steriliser.
I've seen the Milton steriliser and sterile bottles but I'm unsure what would be best. Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks in advance!

Keepsmiling1 Tue 28-Jul-15 10:39:09

We use the tommee tippee microwave steriliser which is great (if you have access to a microwave!) I also use the microwave steriliser bags too!

Daffodil1210 Tue 28-Jul-15 10:45:28

I use the Milton cold water steriliser. So easy to use and holds a lot. You can put all bottles etc in it when empty in order to travel too.

FernGullysWoollyPully Tue 28-Jul-15 10:52:03

I like mam bottles. They sterilise in the microwave without bags or a big steriliser box thing. You just put a bit of water in the bottom of them and nuke them for a couple of minutes.

Noodledoodledoo Tue 28-Jul-15 23:29:18

Get some Milton tablets and a 5 litre tub with a lid. I use my cake box which happens to be 5 litres. Fill with cold water chuck in tablet bottles sterilised in 15 mins. If a temporary thing there is no need to buy the proper bucket.

Also current guidelines are no need to sterilise after 6 months although we still did bottles.

Noodledoodledoo Tue 28-Jul-15 23:30:40

Sorry thought you said 8 months so ignore last comment.

We did this method when we stayed in places with microwave.

catsofa Wed 29-Jul-15 00:42:35

Beware, we have a travel steriliser which doesn't fit upright in our tiny microwave because it's too tall! Ours is the Tommee Tippee one. You can use it for cold water sterilisation as well I suppose, but you can use a bowl or something for that and not bother taking something with you at all!

lilmisslibrarian Wed 29-Jul-15 00:59:26

Thanks for all the advice! Have a few things to look into now!

Noodledoodledoo Wed 29-Jul-15 07:31:49

Medela also do microwave sterilising bags that fit all sorts of bottles but only one at a time and can only be used 20 times.

Artandco Wed 29-Jul-15 07:34:54

Just the Milton tablets. Can add to water in any container ( sink/ tub/ whatever)

4kidsandaunicorn Wed 29-Jul-15 07:39:00

These are good, we used them when we stayed in a B&B in the middle of nowhere when DC1 was small. I had forgotten how expensive they were though. Now I would probably just take a large Tupperware container and some Milton tablets.

whatsoever Mon 03-Aug-15 00:20:30

We took our Tommy Tippee microwave steriliser on holiday to France when DS was 8m only to find microwaves are smaller there and it didn't fit! We bought the French equivalent of Milton tablets there and used a big Tupperware-style box we'd taken all the bits and pieces in to cold water sterilise. Worked fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now