Talk

Advanced search

When do children start to find their own farts funny?

(9 Posts)
ohthegoats Mon 27-Jul-15 14:46:30

Just that really.

skankingpiglet Mon 27-Jul-15 14:58:01

My DD is 13 1/2 months and she's found it hilarious for about the last month. She has yet to find other peoples farts amusing, but I'm sure that's not far off... I guess it's the sound and sensation she's giggling at however, as I doubt she understands the social faux pas aspect yet grin

squizita Mon 27-Jul-15 21:47:07

10 months.

She may have picked it up from me laughing at dh's.

When do they stop again is what I'd like to know!

Lolimax Mon 27-Jul-15 21:49:26

And they'll continue to find them funny for a long time....17 and 18 here and the noisier and smellier the funnier. My kids make me so proud!

strawberryshoes Mon 27-Jul-15 21:51:45

Was about to say, DD2 was under a year (although not by much) and now at a year and a half still giggles and says "poop poop!" and then giggles again.

DD1 is 4 and does not find them funny anymore, but does think calling someone a "poo poo head" is just about the funniest thing ever (until I remind her that she loses a bedtime story if I hear her calling people that).

twirlypoo Mon 27-Jul-15 21:52:59

Ds is 3 and thinks it is the height of amusement to sit on me and fart. He also thinks it's hilarious to pretend to throw "Poo bombs" at me.... Which thank fuck are just imaginary bits of poo from his arse.

I'm raising a real gentleman here grin

ohthegoats Mon 27-Jul-15 22:36:29

Oh OK, so anytime soon then. Excellent. She did some BRILLIANT farts in the bath the other night, full on echoing around the bath, massive bubbles... we were rolling around, she sat there chewing a rubber duck as if nothing had happened. Maybe she's just trying to pretend they haven't happened.. haha.

Kent1982 Tue 28-Jul-15 22:32:42

I kid you not at baby massage my 20 week old farted and the baby next to him laughed, also my boy laughs but maybe it's because I laugh at them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now