Talk

Advanced search

Will I need a double pram?

(9 Posts)
teacher1984 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:46:25

New baby arrives later this year. My first born will be 3 yrs 9 months. Will I need a double pram?

The preschool run is very short, as are trips to town so firstborn can walk & have the option of buggy board too. However he does still use the pram on days out now when he gets tired.

Do your nearly 4 yr olds still need a pushchair??

Not sure what to do!

DXBMermaid Mon 27-Jul-15 14:55:00

At 3.9 I wouldn't think so. I have debated getting a double one as DD1 will be 2.3 years. In the end I have opted to get a kidsit. It's a buggy board with a little seat on it. I had to buy an adaptor so it would fit on my Stokke Xplory, but that was easy enough. Planning to go for a trial run soon before the baby arrives.

Hope the link works as I'm using the app.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kid-Sit-1000-0007-G-Board/dp/B002BAW8IY

Watto1 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:59:59

I would have thought that your eldest would be fine on a buggy board. Dd was on one from 2.5 years old. We also had one which was a buggy boards/seat but it has been discontinued or I would link it. Tbh she rarely sat on it anyway as she preferred to stand.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Mon 27-Jul-15 15:04:13

No def not my ds1 was 4yrs 3mths when ds2 arrived I brought a buggy board for when we walked the 2miles home from school and he walked half way and road half way and gradually increased amount he walked and by Feb so 4yrs 6mths he walked all way home and has done since. (We drive always to school and if wet to come home I am not that mean)

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Mon 27-Jul-15 15:05:01

Dxb we have a stokke xplory too and use the stokke buggy board smile

ch1134 Mon 27-Jul-15 16:57:48

Well I have one due later this year and my son won't yet be 2 but I'm not getting a double. Will be a combination of sling/ buggyboard depending on the type of outing.

teacher1984 Mon 27-Jul-15 18:25:42

This is exactly as I thought ladies so thank you for confirming. I think he gets a little lazy sometimes as the pram is available. If it's not an option i'm sure he'll get used to walking longer and longer distances!

Twodogsandahooch Mon 27-Jul-15 18:33:16

I don't think you will need one. DD1 was 2.10 when DD2 arrived. We borrowed my sister's phil and teds and used it twice. Buggy board worked fine (or sling with eldest in buggy if tired)

Keepsmiling1 Mon 27-Jul-15 19:44:49

That's the exact age gap we have and my DD sounds very similar in that she will happily go in pram if we are walking as she can be quite lazy! We didn't get a double buggy or buggy board and it has been fine (DD2 is 3.5 months now). She will sometimes ask if she can go in the pram but I explain she's the big sister and can walk. She starts school in September and I didn't want her getting pushed to school so think it's good to prepare her! She's actually really active and will run round outside for ages but just doesn't seem to like walking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now