Talk

Advanced search

Feeding newborn

(14 Posts)
Moominy12 Sun 26-Jul-15 15:20:46

I'm currently using Dentinox in my DD comfort sma milk but she's struggling to bring up wind.

Can I put gripe water in with the dentinox in the milk together?

Username359185 Sun 26-Jul-15 15:23:02

I think gripe water and Dentinox have the same active ingredients so I don't know if it would make any difference.

Are you sure the problem is wind? What are her symptoms?

Moominy12 Sun 26-Jul-15 15:29:33

She seems to grunt a lot after a feed. She will have 2oz the. Refuse anymore when she's grunting and just falls asleep.

It's then very hard to get her wind up so will put to bed and she will stir for a long time making the noise as if she has wind to come up?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 26-Jul-15 15:30:14

I thought gripe water for was 3 months and older?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 26-Jul-15 15:31:51

Presumably you do lots of over the shoulder patting to bring up wind? Babies are pretty grunty when they're new.

Moominy12 Sun 26-Jul-15 15:32:02

It's 1month+

LibrariesGaveUsPower Sun 26-Jul-15 15:33:48

What type of patting/rubbing have you been trying to wind her?

Moominy12 Sun 26-Jul-15 15:36:21

Had her on the end of my knee, over my shoulder whilst walking with her but the minute she's in her raised Moses basket she will just not settle and grunt/make noises until she cries to be lifted then will let out a burp.

I'm up over an hour just trying to wind! She's 3weeks and 3days old

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 26-Jul-15 15:37:47

Oh it's changed from when ds was little. Tbh, he was a pain to wind as well, it took ages. It's exhausting isn't it?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 26-Jul-15 15:39:59

Have you tried sitting her straight with one hand under her chin and the other rubbing her back?

LibrariesGaveUsPower Sun 26-Jul-15 15:53:26

Do you pat or rub or what? Often it is finding techniques that work for your baby.

tbh none of the products have massive scientific proof behind them I don't think.

Teeste Sun 26-Jul-15 17:34:42

On no account put gripe water in the bottle! We did this as DS (5.5 weeks) hates the taste. 10 minutes after sucking down a feed, he performed what I can only describe as a 3-stage projectile vom power move. The gripe water brings up the wind just fine, but brings up the milk with it and with force! We now wait about 20 mins after a feed and give him half a dose with the Dentinox syringe. He has Dentinox in every other bottle too as we don't get the vom with it. TBH, the Dentinox works more consistently, so we only give him a shot of gripe water if he looks to be in a lot of pain and is constantly crying.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 26-Jul-15 18:53:13

Iirc we used to give ds it before the bottle not in it. Gripe water was definitely ...forceful grin

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sun 26-Jul-15 18:57:06

Could you try the next size up teat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now