Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have kids in bunk beds?

(8 Posts)
BeautifulLiar Sat 25-Jul-15 13:28:21

I'm currently pregnant with no.4. If it's a boy I'll have two of each, but with a 3 bedroom house I'll probably have to have two sets of bunk beds.

Which brings me to... how/when would I do reading with them? As in, the school books they come home with. I usually sit on DS's bed and read with him, but find it impossible with a bunk bed.

Where do you do reading?

WowOoo Sat 25-Jul-15 16:30:05

I do reading on our bed and then they go to their own after we've finished.

5madthings Sat 25-Jul-15 16:33:37

We just sit in the bottom bunk, on the floor or in our bed.

Quasicrystals1456 Sat 25-Jul-15 16:35:42

Floor.

My 2 have their own bedrooms but insist on being together.

My beautiful little weirdos grin

prettywhiteguitar Sat 25-Jul-15 16:47:43

We do one on their bunk and then older one on our bed. Not sure what we'll do with dc3 !

Sometimes I make them have the same story on the bottom bunk. Although that's not too popular with the older one !

BeautifulLiar Sat 25-Jul-15 17:01:54

See I hate sitting on the bottom bunk. I don't know how DH does it - he's nearly a foot taller than me!

Ok so on my bed sounds good, I do a lot of reading to them on there.

But for when they have to read to me, how do you do that? Do they just take it in turns? I'll have one in year 3 and one in reception.

SilasGreenback Sat 25-Jul-15 17:13:35

We always did reading (them to me) downstairs either at the table or on the sofa. And yes they just take it in turns.

BeautifulLiar Sat 25-Jul-15 17:16:19

Thanks smile it'll be the 2 year old (3 in November) that'll get in the way I think! New baby will probably be attached to boob for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now